About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Congratulations On the Birth Of Your Daughter

Good Morning,

It's a wet day here in San Diego, although the rain is very light. Really, it just makes for very slow traffic on the freeways. I'm currently sitting at a Starbucks overlooking the Interstate 5 freeway in the beach area and it's totally stopped. I have to make my way into an actual company office a little later this morning to restart my work computer after a major server migration. The restart can't be done via remote connection, which is how I work from my home office, so I'll be heading to the only company office in San Diego a little later. It's a completely separate division form the one I work for, but they have been very nice to let us use their connection. Otherwise, all of the San Diego employees would have had to drive to Los Angeles two days in a row.

Since I can't use my work computer or phone (yes, it effects that as well) I can sit and blog this morning. Today, I have a card for the Paper Players weekly challenge. It's Joanne's week to host and she has a Clean and Simple theme to make a baby card. Although I don't really need a baby card, it never hurts to have one in one's stash.

To make my card, I used some stamps from the new Lawn Fawn set called Fab Flowers. A few days ago, I posted another card using this same set but using another of the flowers included. It's not specifically a baby stamp set, but combined with the baby sentiment, I think it works pretty well.





To make this flower and butterfly wreath, I used a circle die to lightly trace a circle in the center of my card. Using the mini Misti, I stamped the flowers, butterflies and leaves in "girly" colors, placing them in just the right place for die cutting. After the stamping was completed, I cut the center out using the same circle die. Since this is a CAS challenge, I glued the panel to my card base so it resembles a single layer card. The sentiment is a very old wooden stamp and it has no company on it. I don't remember when or where I bought it. Since I used black for the butterfly's wing accents, I used black for the sentiment. (After the card was finished, I thought that gray might have been a better choice being softer for a baby card, but oh well.) Again since this is a CAS challenge, I kept lots of white space so for embellishments, I added a few sequin and rounded opposite corners. This was a fun card to stamp and to make and I like the way it turned out.

That's about all from me today. I need to hit the busy, stopped highway soon. Have a great day and thanks for looking in.

Colleen


Supplies
Stamps: Fab Flowers set by Lawn Fawn and baby sentiment stamp (unknown source)
Paper: X-Press It Blending card stock
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU Pretty In Pink, Real Red, Calypso Coral, Certainly Celery, Old Olive
Other: Mama Elephant pierced circle die, mini Misti, the Big Shot, sequin, Fiskars corner punch


2 comments:

  1. Colleen this is so pretty! I love the way you stamped around the outside and cut out to place your sentiment in the centre. A great example of how you don't need baby stamps to make a great baby card! Thanks for joining my CAS baby card challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, this is beautiful! I just love the way you stamped around the circle to create a wreath! The sentiment is lovely! Hope you are doing well! Miss you! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!