About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Brrr... A Retro Rubber Guest Designer Post

Hello all,

I'm thrilled as can be! The ladies at Retro Rubber have invited me to be the Guest Designer for challenge #99 today. I really enjoy playing along with this challenge. It's so fun to look through all those "old" stamps each week. Especially when I decided to go out to the garage where I have a couple of bookcases filled with my "really old" SU wood mounted sets.

That is where I went "shopping" for the stamp set to make my guest designer card today. This SU set called Bundle Up it is from 2004!



To make my card, I unmounted the stamps from their wood blocks so I could use them in my Misti. Using SU markers, I colored directly on the rubber and then stamped. The center greeting is stamped in Memento tuxedo black with snowflakes stamped around it using Pool Party ink.

The stamped panel is layered on a panel of Lovely Lipstick paper and both are mounted to a Watermelon Wonder card base using fun foam to float the stamped image above the card base.

Here is the inside. The greetings are from two additional SU sets, one from 1998 and the other I'm pretty sure is over 5 years old.



I hope you have a chance to play along with us this week. It's so fun to look though those older stamps and give them some love.

Thanks so much for looking in, and big thanks to the ladies at Retro Rubber for the GD invitation this week,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: All Stampin' Up sets
              Bundle Up, 2004
              Warm Wishes 1998
              More Merry Messages, ??? but older than 1 yr
Paper: SU Watermelon Wonder, Lovely Lipstick and X-Press It Blending card stock
Ink: SU markers in Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, Granny Apple Green, Watermelon Wonder, Lovely Lipstick and Peach Parfait. Memento tuxedo black, Lovely Lipstick and SU Pool Party ink pads
Other: Misti, SU sequins

5 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!! I so remember this set, one of my favorites and I am so happy to see it again...and said I let mine go! LOVE all the work you put into this, I know coloring all those little stripes on the sweaters was time-consuming...but it is so cute! And we are thrilled to have you as a GD!! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely to see you with us as Guest Designer, Colleen! I do love this card - those warm jerseys and hats in different colours is fabulous! So vibrant and with a great sense of movement. Thanks you for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a warm and cozy card! Using a stamp positioned really does help with this pretty technique for coloring the sweet sweaters. So glad you joined us as a GDT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Colleen and thank you for being our guest designer this time around at RETRO RUBBER.
    Your card just brought a smile to my face, those sweaters, hats and mittens are so beautiful and so colorful.
    This set came out way before I started stamping because other wise I would have bought it, it's simply adorable.
    Thanks for playing with us on this challenge and I hope to see you again in our gallery soon.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Colleen, love your card, thanks for joining us as GDT over at Retro Rubber. The sweaters are perfect, I might have to go on a hunt for this set second-hand!! Hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Cx DT

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!