About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Merry Christmas

Happy Sunday morning,

It's a fairly lazy Sunday morning for me, but a little later I'll be packing my suitcase and work stuff. I am working this coming week in Denver, CO. The weather app says it will be cold! That will be a change since we've been having these late season "Santa Ana" winds with temps in the high 70s to mid-80s. Time to pull out my boots!

I ordered some new stamps and supplies from Gina K and in my box was a free stamp set called Winter Flower. It's a sweet little poinsettia and leaves and I couldn't wait to ink it up. Using Julie's Mojo Monday 502 sketch, I made three cards. Clearly, I love this sketch!




The flower is stamped on water color paper using MFT Hybrid black ink and watercolored using Zig Real Brush water color markers. Once they dried, I fussy cut them out. On the card above, I used some really old SU DSP (so old I have no idea of the name), chocolate chip and Groovy Guava card stock. The circle layers are Spellbinders Scalloped and Die-namics Cross Stitched dies. The scalloped borders are TE and the snowflake embellishments are SU.

I made two others with totally different papers and colors.





On the pink card, the backgrounds are made with a background stamp and matching embossing folder both from Taylored Expressions. Both the flower and background are water colored with Zig markers.

The white flower card is made using more retired SU DSP and the card base is embossed with the SU large dots embossing folder. The flower is water colored with Tim Holtz distress inks and an aqua painter.

I love the look of all three. They started with such a great sketch.

I hope you all have a good week ahead and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Winter Flower by Gina K, Taylored Expressions Circles Background
Paper: SU Whisper White heavy weight and regular, Pretty In Pink, Smoky Slate, Groovy Guava, and Chocolate Chip card stock, various older SU DSP
Ink: SU Chocolate Chip, Real Red, MFT Hybrid Black
Other: Taylored Expressions Scalloped Border die, Die-namics Cross Stitched circle, Spellbinders Scalloped Circle and basic circle, Mama Elephant Inside Scalloped circle dies, Taylored Expressions Circles Embossing plate, SU Large Dots Embossing Folder, gold Stickles, SU and My Minds Eye enamel shapes, aqua painter brush, Misti, Gemini Jr

1 comment:

  1. These are all so beautiful! So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!