About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, August 21, 2021

Hey Boo

Happy Saturday afternoon,

I'm on the road again, this time I'm visiting my mom in Northern California. For this trip, I drove instead of flying, so I packed my car with lots of craft supplies to play with while here. I'm planning around a three week visit, so being able to bring supplies is great. 

Yesterday, I managed to make a card for this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge. Jen M. is the hostess with a square card layout, which is always fun to do. I decided to make another Halloween card. 




I started by using the On the Diagonal Turnabout stamp by C&9th, stamping it with two orange shades and black and gray. I wanted to use this for the two triangle elements, so I cut out the center with a square die, then cut that in half diagonally. The two triangles are glued to a 4.5" square white panel that I stamped the GKD greeting and bat images. The panel is matted with black and then glued to an Orange card base. Finally, I added some small pumpkin sequins for embellishments.

I used another GKD set for the inside images.





My mom lives in the Redding, CA area where it is smoky from the surrounding wild fires. The sky is a gray/brown, and some days the smoke is lower and some days higher in the sky. When it's lower, it's really hard to be outdoors, so those days we stay in with the air conditioning. Everyday the fires grow in size and more towns are being evacuated. It is so horrible!

I hope your Sunday is nice and relaxing. Thanks for stopping in,

Colleen

Supplies

Stamps: On the Diagonal Turnabout set by Concord & 9th, Haunts and Harvest, Hey Boo sets by Gina K Designs, Gina K Designs inks in Tangerine Twist, Sweet Mango, Black Onyx, Stormy Sky, Gina K Designs Layering Weight White, Black Onyx, Tangerine Twist card stock, Polychromos colored pencils, pumpkin sequins, Misti, Big Shot


1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this! The chevron stripes in the corner are so cool! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!