About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, September 30, 2022

Autumn Wishes

 TGIF Peeps,

I'm having so much fun using the SU Hello Harvest and Fond of Autumn Bundles. Yesterday's post had two cards made with these sets and today's post continues with them.

Today's card is for this week's Paper Players Sketch Challenge brought to us by Jaydee. Here's what I came up with.




Much like yesterday's cards I began by stamping the oak leaf from the Hello Harvest set randomly with fall shades. I cut that panel and a mat from Early Espresso using the GKD Master Layouts 1 die set. The stamped focal image is from the Fond of Autumn set and is placed across a panel cut from the SU Gingham Cottage DSP. The focal image is colored with Copics and popped up with SU Dimensionals. I added some SU gold gems for embellishments.

The inside uses a greeting and images are from the Fond of Autumn set. The card base and images are stamped on Vanilla card stock.



One of my favorite crafting projects is to make seasonal banners from felt. I've made many for myself and friends. I decided to make a set of fall wall hangings for a friend who has a new vacation home on Long Island (they live here in So. Cal.,) and they happen to be there for the next few weeks for her birthday, which is Sunday. I'll be sending these today, probably via FedEx so they arrive close to her birthday.




I use felt mostly from Taylored Expressions. It is easy to work with, especially with dies. I use many dies from my stash to make the projects. For the larger die cuts, I use fusible and iron them onto the background fabric. For small pieces, I use hot glue. 

These are in some very in-expensive faux wood embroidery hoops from Michaels. I wanted to use traditional wooden hoops with the screw tightener at the top, but two of my local stores were out of them, so I got these. 

Have a great Friday and weekend, and thanks for looking in!
Colleen

Card Supplies
 Stamps: SU Fond Of Autumn and Hello Harvest bundles
Paper: SU vanilla, early espresso, gingham cottage DSP
Ink: SU Mint Macaron, Pumpkin Pie, Calypso Coral, Garden Green, So Saffron, GKD Charcoal Brown, Copic Markers
Other: Bundle dies, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 1 dies, Simon Says Stamp Nested Domed Arches, Misti, Big Shot Switch Plus, SU Dimensionals, SU gold Gems, Connect Glue

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful fall card, Colleen! I LOVE how you randomly stamped the leaves to create the gorgeous background. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, this is gorgeous! Love the fab fall colors and the extra detail inside the card, too. Thank so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!