About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, September 23, 2022

Hello

 TGIF Peeps,

Any plans for the weekend? We are going to dinner to celebrate birthdays for two of our friends whose big days are Oct 1 and Oct 2. Both families will be on vacation on the actual B-days, so we are celebrating a week early. Other than that, not much in our plans.

I made two cards using this week's colors for the Global Design Project's color challenge. One of the cards also uses the sketch for the Sunday Stamps Challenge. 

The first card is a basic A2 size. I cut some scraps from card stock in the three challenge colors in various widths and glued them to a piece of copy paper. I used a SU Stitched Rectangle die to cut it out, then dry embossed it with the SU Wood Grain EF. The flower is from the SU set Ranunculus Romance. I used SU markers to color directly on the rubber before stamping it and it's cut out with the corresponding set die. The hello greeting is part of the set. After gluing everything in place, I decided the card needed a few embellishments, so I pulled out some old SU flower sequin and place them around the die cut flower.





The second card is made with images and dies from the same set bundle. This is a full size slimline card. I used the Gina K Designs Master Layouts 10 die set to cut the stitched panel and the shadow panel. All of the other supplies are SU.

The bottom layers of each flower is cut from basic white card stock, then colored using a blending brush and Flirty Flamingo ink, blending darker in the center. The leaves are cut from Parakeet Party card stock and then I used a small brush to blend Parakeet Party ink over the cut out shape. 



I made four flowers, but only needed three for the front so I used the other on the inside. The inside greeting is from the SU set Amazing Phrasing.




That's it from me today. Thanks for looking in and have a great weekend!
Colleen


Supplies
Stamps: Stampin' Up sets Ranunculus Romance and Amazing Phrasing
Paper: Stampin' Up Flirty Flamingo, Parakeet Party, Shaded Spruce, Basic White and Neenah Desert Storm
Ink: Stampin' Up Flirty Flamingo, Parakeet Party, Shaded Spruce ink pads and markers, VersaMark
Other: Stampin' Up set dies, Stitched Rectangle dies, Gina K Designs ML 10 dies, Stampin' Up Wood grain embossing folder, blending brushes, Misti, Big Shot Switch Plus, SU dimensionals, SU green flower sequins, SU gold balls, WOW white embossing powder, heat tool



4 comments:

  1. Busy girl making beautiful cards!! Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge (#SS292) over at Sunday Stamps!! Your second card would be a great entry for the Shopping Our Stash challenge...Hey (H)ombre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great background, Colleen! I so have to remember this idea for tough color challenges, lol. Such a pretty stem, too - you supercharged our sketch! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun background, and I love this color combination! Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen, your card is so pretty! I love the bright stripes and the gorgeous pink flower! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!