About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, December 15, 2022

Merry & Bright

Hello all,

Well, I'm finally home from visiting my mom and back in my crafty space. I drove the long road home on Monday, about 14.5 hours total time. My visit turned out to be about 2 weeks longer than planned due to having to replace mom's refrigerator. The new one finally arrived and was installed, so I felt comfortable leaving her.

Since it's the last Paper Players Challenge for 2022, I wanted to be sure to play along. Ann has a nice Christmasy color challenge this week for us. I had all of my holiday cards made that I needed, but I went ahead a made another. Actually, I made two more, but the second will be in a separate blog post later. I've used this week's Freshly Made Sketch for the layout.

This card is made with the November Scrapbook and Cards Let's Stamp Together kit. If you haven't checked these out, they are great. They come with a stamp set, dies and a stencil. I used all for my card.

The stencil is a falling snow pattern. I taped it to my vanilla card base and smooched VersaMark ink using a Tim Holtz blending tool then sprinkled on some Brutus Monroe Alabaster Sparkle embossing powder and heat embossed it. The top ornament uses the stamp set. There are three stamps that make the pattern and I stamped them in Ann's challenge colors, heat embossing the gold with Brutus Monroe gold sparkle powder. The other ornament is one of the dies. The background is cut from Evening Evergreen card stock and the top from SU gold glimmer paper. The greenery is from a Honey Bee Holiday die set. I cut the fir sprigs from vanilla card stock and used a blending brush with Evening Evergreen ink to color them. The sentiment die is part of the kit. I cut it three times from Cherry Cobbler card stock and glued them together for dimension. I then brushed them with a Nuvo clear glitter pen and added Shimmery Glossy Accents over the top.





Here is the inside with sentiments from a Simon Says Stamp holiday stamp set.




Enjoy your Friday and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
November Let's Stamp Together/Scrapbook and Cards kit created by LDRS Creative
Other stamps: Joyful Season set by Simon Says Stamp
Paper: SU Very Vanilla, Evening Evergreen and Cherry Cobbler card stock, Gold Glimmer paper
Ink: SU Evening Evergreen and Cherry Cobbler, VersaMark
Other: Winter Bouquet dies by HoneyBee, White and Gold embossing powder from Brutus Monroe, Nuvo glitter pen, Shimmery Glossy Accents, Misti, Big Shot Switch, Heat tool, Connect liquid glue, SU Dimensionals 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Colleen! The top ornament is absolutely amazing, with the images stamped in the challenge colors, while the second ornament is so elegant. The falling snow stencil creates a perfect background for them. Thank you so much for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, My Friend! So happy you could be with your Mom! That is very special! This card steals the show. Those ornaments are fantastic! I love all the little images on the first one and the second one is so elegant!!!! The background is the perfect setting for these! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful baubles Colleen - I love the detail of the first one with the glimmer one behind - so elegant! A great start to next year's Christmas card stash too. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week - and Merry Christmas wishes to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Christmas card and such a fun and festive take on the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!