About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Happy Birthday

Hello,

Happy last day of November. I hope everyone, in the US, had a very nice Thanksgiving holiday and weekend. I'm at my mom's in northern California hanging out. I didn't bring any crafting supplies with me  because I intended to stay only until yesterday. However, my mom's refrigerator decided to die on Saturday night. Great timing with all kinds of left overs in it, not that any time is ideal for your refrigerator to die. We went shopping for a new one on Monday, but it won't be delivered until around Dec. 8! We have 5 ice chests in the garage and I'm fetching ice every morning from the gas station down the street. Because I don't want to leave my 86 yr old mom to deal with all that on her own, I'm staying until the new refrigerator arrives to get the ice chests unloaded.

On my way up I stopped in Sacramento to visit my best friend, and then she came to mom's on Wednesday evening to spend Thanksgiving weekend with us, which also happens to be her birthday weekend. We played lots of cards, went to a couple of holiday craft fairs and watched some Christmas movies. 

I made this card for her birthday a few weeks ago, but didn't want to post it because she does read my blog. This is a shaker card made with Gina K Designs stamps, stencils and dies. The monthly mix challenge for November is shaker cards.





This is a side to side shaker and I recycled some stamp set packaging to make it. The background is the Daisies Forever stencil and I used the layering Lilac and Orchid ink pads for the flowers and Jelly Bean Green and Fresh Asparagus inks for the leaves. The sentiments are sentiment strips and wishes die.

Here's the inside of the card.



One of the fun things we did the weekend in Sacramento was take a cookie decorating class. This is the second time I've taken one, and from the same teacher. This is her website and here is a picture of my decorated cookies. The cookie in the bag on the right I won. Jodie, the instructor, made it. All of mine look pretty good, except the door is a bit wonky, but okay for a second try and 12 months apart.



Have a great week and thanks for checking in.
Colleen

Supplies
All Gina K Designs except the sequin.

Daisies Forever layering stencil, Lilac and Orchid Layering inks, Jelly Bean Green and Fresh Asparagus inks, Sentiment strips, Wishes die, Layering Weight and Heavy Weight white card stock, Black Onyx card stock, Connect glue

1 comment:

  1. Love your card, it’s so colorful and i love the shaker part! Thank you for joining Gina K. Designs Monthy Mix Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!