About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, November 3, 2022

Thankful/Grateful

 Hi all,

I have a Thanksgiving card for you today, made using Anne Marie's Tic-Tac-Toe grid for this week's Paper Players challenge. I went with the diagonal of yellow and/or orange, texture, Fall/Thanksgiving.




I started by ink blending a white card panel using GKD Prickly Pear, Tangerine Twist and Tomato Soup inks and running it through the Falling Leaves EF for texture. Next, I cut it out with the ML 2 stitched and mat dies. Finally, I used a VersaMark ink pad and lightly swiped it over the raised leaves to make them sticky then used a small paint brush and dusted some gold Pearl Ex powder over the leaves.

For the focal leaves in the center, I stamped them in GKD Honey Mustard, Prickly Pear, Tangerine Twist and Tomato Soup. The veins are a separate stamp which I stamped using VersaMark and heat embossed with gold EP. They are cut out with their dies and popped up over some gold twine twirled in a circle in the middle of the card. 

For sentiments, I cut two small tags from white. The tag die is part of the GKD Stitched Ovals set. The Thankful and Grateful sentiments are stamped using VersaMark and heat embossed with gold. I tied them with the same gold twine and stuck them down with a couple of mini glue dots.

For the inside, I started with a panel of SU So Saffron card stock and ink blended PricklyPear and Honey Mustard inks around the edges then cut it out with the ML 2 stitched die.  The sentiment is stamped using black ink and the small leaves with Tomato Soup.


TGIF tomorrow. Enjoy!
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: All Gina K Designs sets, Layered Leaves, Beautiful Leaves, and Everything Nice mini
Paper: Gina K Designs White Layering, Black Onyx and Stampin' Up So Saffron
Ink: Gina K Designs Black Onyx, Prickly Pear, Honey Mustard, Tangerine Twist and Tomato Soup; VersaMark
Other: Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 & small tag dies, Gina K Designs Falling Leaves embossing folder, Pearl Ex powder,  Gina K Designs fine detail gold embossing powder, heat tool, Big Shot Switch, Misti, Gina K Designs gold pearls, stash gold twine

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful fall card! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!