About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, November 13, 2022

OCC Holiday Workshop 2022 Day 8 Cards

 Hello,

Day eight of the workshop was all about hot foiling. Hot foiling is very addicting to me. It seems when I pull out my Spellbinders Glimmer machine, I just cant stop and end up with many pieces. If you have not tried it, fair warning, but you really should. 

I actually made 20 Holiday cards this year with variations of my four examples in this post. (I really do have a hard time stoping.)

Yana Smakula was the instructor for the Glimmer hot foiling section and she had two tips for us that I absolutely found very helpful. They have to do with foiling the negative foil and oh my gosh, perfect results where before I was getting good foiling only sometimes.

Here are my four card examples. Each pair is made with the positive foiled image and the negative foiled image.

















Foiling plates and products from Spellbinders and Pink Fresh Studio. Card stock from Gina K Designs and I used Stampin' Up Glossy white card stock for foiling the negative pieces. Worked perfectly and I have tons of it that I bought years ago. I'm happy to have another use for it. Other background dies and embossing folders from Gina K Designs and Simon Says Stamp. Colored images done with Copic markers.

Thanks all,
Colleen




1 comment:

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!