About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, November 7, 2022

Give Thanks

 Hi again,

I have one more quick post for this morning. I made this card last night using Jen's sketch for the "just about to end" Freshly Made Sketches challenge, and the theme challenge from the new Paper Players Challenge. Claire is this week's hostess with a Thankful theme. 





I started by ink blending a square card panel with four ink colors then spraying some water over the panel to get the water reactive effect. Using the GKD stamp set called Painted Autumn, I stamped the layering flowers and leaves in fall colors then cut them out using the set dies. The sentiment is part of the stamp set. After stamping it in black ink, I cut it out using a double stitched circle die and cut a single stitched circle for the layering. After cutting the ink blended panel per Jen's sketch I glued it to a black mat and put them onto a white card base. The images are glued with liquid glue and some are popped up with dimensionals. All in all, pretty simple.

I made a second card, even easier, using GKD patterned paper and pre-printed images. The sentiment is also from the Painted Autumn stamp set. This time I layered the circle onto a scalloped circle die from Spellbinders.The size of this card is much smaller, 4.2 5 x 4.25 inches.




Enjoy your afternoon, and thanks again.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Painted Autumn stamp set by Gina K Designs
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight White, Black Onyx, Fresh Asparagus card stock and patterned papers from the Autumn Splendor Card Kit
Ink: Gina K Designs Sweet Tomato, Prickly Pear, Fresh Asparagus, Tranquil Teal and Black Onyx
Other:Gina K designs Double and Single Stitched Circle dies, Spellbinders Scalloped circle Nestie die, GKD black and gold gems, GKD pre-printed fall images from the Autumn Splendor kit, Connect liquid glue, SU Dimensionals


4 comments:

  1. Colleen, your cards are gorgeous! I love the gorgeous background you created with distress inks. The water droplets add so much texture. The double circle is perfect to showcase your pretty flowers and sentiment! Love the PP on the second one! Thank you so much for making my challenge shine this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards! I'm just loving the bright colours on your first card and your background is wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Colleen! Both cards are beautiful. I LOVE the background you created for the first card. The water droplets add so much interest. The flowers are so pretty. I also love the gorgeous paper you used for the second card. I am so glad you played with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful cards, Colleen! Your sponged background and blooms are done beautifully, I love the colors! We are happy that you joined us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!