About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, October 28, 2022

Cheers to You On Your Birthday

Hello and Happy Friday,

It's a coolish but sunny day here on the Southern California Coast, kind of perfect actually. I probably should be out for a walk, but instead I've been rummaging through my fabric stash looking to see if I have enough fabric to make a quick tree patterned quilt that I found on Pinterest. I'm looking for ideas for a birthday gift. 

I made the birthday card using Jen T.'s sketch for this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge. I pulled out some older SU DSP and a couple of  older Avery Elle stamp sets to make this card.

The background is the Floral Backdrop cover plate from Pink Fresh Studio, and how about those sweet scallop shell embellishments from Trinity? So Cute! I had to use them on the inside of the card too.

The stamped images are colored with Copics. I used some Fruit Punch Stickels glitter over the drink to make it look even more tropical.










I also made a Holiday card using Jen's sketch as inspiration. This die set is from Simon and it's called Berry Wreath. The background is hot foiled with the Waffle Flower Triple Line Diamond plate and the greeting is hot foiled with the Pink Fresh Studio Perfect Sentiments Holiday set. This is a fun die set to play with.





Enjoy your day!
Colleen

Supplies Card 1
Stamps: Aloha and Simply Said Hugs sets by Avery Elle
Paper: SU Basic White, Black & Pumpkin Pie card stock, SU retired DSP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black and Copics
Other: Avery Elle set dies, Gina K Designs single and double stitched circle dies, Pink Fresh Studio Floral Backdrop cover plate die, Trinity Scallop Shel embellishments, Misti, Big Shot Switch, Connect glue, SU Dimensionals

Supplies Card 2
Berry Wreath Die set by Simon Says Stamp, Triple Line Diamond Hot Foil Plate by Waffle Flower, Perfect Sentiments Holiday Hot Foil set by Pink Fresh Studio
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight White, Black, Jelly Bean Green, Tranquil Teal, Fresh Asparagus, Passionate Pink, Innocent Pink
Other: Spellbinders gold foils, Spellbinders Hot Foil System, Big Shot, Connect glue, SU Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I love how different these are and yet both so fabulous! The colors on your wreath are such fun! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!