About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, October 24, 2022

Holiday Cards

 Happy Monday Peeps,

I hope everyone had a fun and relaxing weekend. I made a dent in my holiday card making using a couple of new Gina K Designs stamp sets. 

First up are cards made with the Snow Carolers set and dies.

I mass produced 11 cards, not 12 because I dropped an inked stamp across some of the already colored and cutout trees. {Sigh}. These are fairly labor intensive, but are pretty cute when finished.

The only variation in some of the cards are in the gems used for the buttons. All of the card stock, stamps, and the EF are from GKD. I used Nuvo white liquid crystal drops on the red hat and scarf ends on the left snow person. For the snow on the trees and lamp post, I first used SU white liquid enamel followed by a dusting of Distress Rock Candy (glitter). The photo doesn't show it, but I also used a sponge dauber to apply liquid glue over the raised snow flakes in the background and then sprinkled the Distress Rock Candy over so the background  has some glitter as well. IRL, it sparkles. The ornaments on the trees are made with SU red liquid enamel. All of the images are colored with Copic Markers. I used a Copic Black Multi Marker to hand draw the long stripes and chevron stripes on the scarves. For the white polka dots, I used a white gel pen.


The second card uses the GKD Blizzard set. The technique is one that Gina demoed in a recent FB Live episode. I made 10 cards. Six with white embossing powder, two with silver powder and two with gold powder. The ink colors used in the blending vary. 

Here are three using white embossing powder.




Here are examples of the silver and gold embossing.



I used GKD inks for the blending and Prisma Colored Pencils and Gamsol for coloring the snowflakes. I used sentiments from the mini Wishing You Christmas stamp set, and GKD gems for embellishments. The top layer and mat are cut using the GKD Master Layouts 2 die set.

If you like to color, these cards are for you. I really had fun making them.

Have a good week,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: All Gina K Designs Snow Carolers, Blizzard and Wishing You Mini
Paper: GKD card stock
Ink: GKD Black Onyx, Embossing Ink, Copic Markers
Other: GKD Master Layouts 2, Snowflakes embossing folder, GKD find detail white, gold, silver embossing powder, heat tool, Misti, Big Shot Switch, Prismacolor Colored Pencils, Gamsol, GKD gems, Connect Glue, SU white and red liquid enamel, Nuvo white crystal effects, Distress Rock Candy glitter, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!