About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, October 14, 2022

Pumpkin Spice

 TGIF Peeps,

This week has been overcast and misty, bordering on rainy, which is perfect for staying in and watching playoff baseball games and making a few cards. 

Yesterday I used this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge to make a card for my nephew, who's also my BB buddy. He lives in Minneapolis, but as a Pacific Northwest transplant, he roots for the Seattle Mariners. My team is the San Diego Padres. Both are total underdogs, but are in the Division Playoffs, and we have been having fun texting each other during the games.

I made this fall themed card using stamps, papers and an embossing folder from Gina K Designs. The background is a fun technique where  Gina uses an embossing folder combined with her woodgraining technique. It really does make a fun and striking background. For the inks, I used a warm cocoa, dark chocolate and a dark orange.

The patterned paper is from Gina's new fall paper pack. I used a blending brush and Honey Mustard ink to change the color for my card.

The sentiment is from a new mini stamp set and the pumpkin is from a fall stamp set from last year. I changed the square to an oval as it fit the sentiment much better.





I used greetings from the older stamp set on the inside.



Enjoy your weekend! 
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Haunts and Harvest and Everything Nice sets by Gina K Designs
Paper: Honey Mustard,  Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Layering Weight White card stock and Autumn Splendor 6x6 paper pack by Gina K Designs
Ink: Tomato Soup, Warm Cocoa, Charcoal Brown, Honey Mustard, Copic Markers
Other: Gingham embossing folder, Master Layouts 1 dies, blending brush, God Gems,Misti, Big Shot Switch Plus, SU Dimensionals, Connect liquid glue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!