About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, June 28, 2024

Just A Note

TGIF Peeps!

My morning didn't start off well. When I came into my craft room around 7:00 am, my stamping table was covered in ants! I mean it was black there were so many of them. Before going to bed around 11 last night,  there were none. I'm still not sure why or what they were after as there is nothing related to food in the room. It took a good hour to move everything off, spray them with Clorox Cleanup, wipe and vacuum the whole room. I've been seeing a rogue "scout" periodically since and I make quick work of it. It's been getting hotter outside and I'm wondering if they are after water, although the only water is my wet shammy for stamp cleaning. Anywho- disgusting!

On to a more pleasant subject, I have a card that fits two challenges. It's Anything Goes Stencil week at Just Us Girls and I've used Ann's sketch for Paper Players Challenge.





The background is stenciled using a fun layering stencil set from PinkFresh Studio called Modern Rug. The flower stamp is also from PinkFresh Studio. It's a stamp, stencil and die set called Beautiful Blooms. After stenciling the background, I stamped the daisies in black ink in the middle of the panel and again on white card so I could fussy cut the daisies and glue them over the stamped image on the stenciled panel. For the sentiment strip, I heat embossed one of the Beautiful Bloom sentiments using white EP, placed it per the sketch, and then popped up the small daisy in place over the stamped image. 

To make the card front edges per Ann's sketch, I cut the center from both Lime and Orange 5.5 x 4.25" panels using a SU Stitched rectangle die then cut through at the corners and glued the pieces in place. I finished the card by placing some colored paper circles as embellishments.

For the inside, I used another of the images from Beautiful Blooms coloring it with the set stencils, and a sentiment from the PinkFresh set called Heart Smiles Sentiments, which I stamped on a scrap piece of white card stock and cut out with a GKD Sentiment Strip die.



Thanks all for checking in. I hope your Friday and weekend are ant free!

Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Beautiful Blooms set and Heart Smiles Sentiments set by PinkFresh Studio
Layering Stencils: Modern Run by Pink Fresh Studio and Beautiful Blooms Layering Stencils
Paper: Gina K Designs Card stock Layering Weight White, Key Lime and Sweet Mango
Ink: Gina K Designs Black Onyx, Craft White, Key Lime, Sweet Mango, Lemon Drop, Lipstick, and Turquoise Sea
Other: WOW white embossing powder, heat tool, GKD Sentiment Strip dies, Stampin' Up Stitched Rectangle dies, Taylored Expressions Rainbow Discs


3 comments:

  1. This is just so pretty! What a cool way to create the background and your frame complements it perfectly! Love the inside too! Yikes about your ant problem....that is very strange! Hope they're gone for good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That background looks fabulous paired with the pretty daisies! The paper piecing on the daisy heads was the perfect idea on this beauty. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This framed card is awesome! I really like how you made the frame and want to try it now! Also love your colors and the graphic style!!! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!