About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, March 17, 2019

You Are My Sunshine!

Hi again,

Since I'll be away all week, I'm writing one more post this afternoon so I can enter my card for Jaydee's CAS-one layer card challenge at the Paper Players. As with many of us, one layer cards are not my "go-to" card style. (And my pattern paper stash proves it, LOL.) But, as I was flipping through my Concord & 9th stamp sets, this idea popped into my brain.







To make this a one layer card, I placed the Concord & 9th Sun Turnabout stamp into my Misti, using the turnabout jig and stamp alignment template. I then removed the Turnabout stamp and put the banner stamp in my Misti aligning it so it would stamp at the center of Turnabout sunshine stamp. It is stamped with Memento tuxedo black ink. Next, I cut a mask with Post-its to cover the banner,  then re-aligned the sunshine turnabout stamp in it's original position, and stamped it using the four rotations with four different SU ink colors. The third step was to remove the mask and stamp the the two greetings.

For the inside, I folded the card front behind, reinserted it into the Misti and lined up the other Concord & 9th Turnabout Sunshine set and stamped it using four rotations. Using Memento tuxedo black ink, the inside greeting was stamped in the center.



To complete the card, I colored in the banner using yellow Copics, added sparkle with a Nuvo glitter pen, and finally added three small gems around the sun.

A fun and bright card, still one layer with minimal embellishments.

Thanks for checking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Hello Sunshine Turnabout and Sunshine Turnabout sets by Concord & 9th
Paper: SU thick Whisper White card stock
Ink: SU Pineapple Punch, Grapefruit Grove, Mango Melody, Calypso Coral, Peach Parfait, Watermelon Wonder and Memento tuxedo black ink pads, Copic markers
Other: Concord & 9th Turnabout jig and turnabout set alignment guides, Misti, Post-Its, small orange gems

3 comments:

  1. Awesome in and out! So bright and cheerful. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen I like the inside as much as the outside - bright and fabulous and such a creative take on a one layer card. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen, I'm with Joanne... I love the inside as much as the outside. What a wonderful take on the challenge. I love the warm colors you used, too. So perfect for the inside sentiment. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week and sharing this wonderful card
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!