About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, August 9, 2020

Sure Do Miss You

 Happy Sunday peeps,

It's time for a new Paper Players Challenge. Joanne is hostess with a color theme this week. I decided to use the SU Blossoms in Bloom set and dies to make my card. I bought this set during the demo pre-order but I've not used it yet, so I though it time. I've certainly seen some beautiful creations with this set around blog-land.

To make my card, I've CASE'd the example in the SU annual catalog on page 50. Different background, landscape orientation rather than portrait, and of course different colors, but the idea certainly came from this photo.

The card base is Sahara Sand stamped with the Hardwood background stamp using Sahara Sand ink. The flower dies are made with layers of Joanne's color choices and Whisper White. Other than the time to cut each color out with the dies and gluing the pieces in, this is a fairly simple card, though it looks more involved. For embellishment, I brushed Wink of Stella over the Melon Mambo and Mango Melody parts of the flowers, and added some twine to the sentiment banner. This turned out to be an all SU card.

I finished the inside using more stamps from the Blossoms In Bloom set.

I hope this coming week is a good one, and thanks for stopping by,                                                                                   Colleen


Supplies

Stamps: Blossoms in Bloom set and Hardwood Background stamp both from Stampin' Up

Paper: SU Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Night of Navy, Melon Mambo, Mango Melody, and Pool Party

Ink: SU Sahara Sand, Night of Navy, Melon Mambo, Mango Melody

Other: SU Blossoms in Bloom and Tasteful Labels dies, Wink of Stella, twine 


4 comments:

  1. What a delightful colourful card, would certainly cheer me up. Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dieset so am supper happy you used it to showcase my colours this week Colleen! The neutral wood patterned base is a great way to ground them too and really make them shine! Thanks for playing along with my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the wood background and gorgeous blooms.Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen, love the wood grain background it grounds those beautiful blooms perfectly. So glad you joined us at the Players again this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!