About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, August 29, 2020

I Like the Way You Roll

 Happy Saturday evening,

I hope you are having a nice and relaxing weekend. I had some chores to do this morning, but after finishing, I spent a few hours in my craft room playing with another new Gina K Designs stamp set from her recent release. 

This set is sushi themed. Kind of like me and coffee, which I don't like, but I love coffee themed stamps, I'm not a sushi fan either, but I just couldn't resist this super cute set. Using the current Freshly Made Sketches layout, here's my first card using it. 




I have a bunch of japanese paper that I got years ago at a department store in downtown Honolulu. I pulled out this pretty red with flowers to use for the center panel. It's cut with the Gina K Designs Master Layout 2 die and matted with a piece of Blueberry Bushel card stock. The sushi rolls and the soy bottle are stamped using Memento tuxedo black and colored with Copics, then cut out using the corresponding set dies. I used a SU embossing folder to make a "bamboo" tray. The sentiment banner is also a die from the GK Master Layout 2 die set. The greeting is stamped using VersaMark and heat embossed using white EP.

For the inside, I used the Gina K Designs Fan stencil with SU Pistachio Pudding ink. I stamped more images from the set and made another "bamboo" tray using an older SU die.



I think this one turned out super cute, but that's what happens when the stamps are super cute.

We are headed over to friends to have a social distancing dinner of pizza and salad, and of course, some wine. Thanks all,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: I Like The Way You Roll set by Gina K Designs
Paper: Gina K heavy white card stock, SU Blueberry Bushel and Crumb Cake card stock, stash patterned paper
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU Pistachio Pudding, VersaMark, Gina K Cherry Red
Other: Gina K Designs dies, SU die, SU embossing folder, SU candy dots, foam tape, mini Dimensionals, Misti, Gemini Jr, white EP, heat tool, Gina K Fan stencil


3 comments:

  1. Both of these cards are wonderful! Beautifully colored and adorable images - with perfect backgrounds! Glad you shared one at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun cards! Love the rich color saturation in the first design. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, these cards are just fantastic! I love those sushi pieces and the sentiments! So hilarious and your colouring is beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!