About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, August 31, 2020

Friends Like You

 Hi all,

How was your weekend. Relaxing, I hope. We spent part of the afternoon at Costco and bought a new TV for our living room. The one we had decided it had worked long enough and stopped this past week. As it was a pretty inexpensive one, and prices are even less for a pretty nice TV these days, we just decided to get an new one. No repair guy needed.

In addition to the costs being reasonable, the setup is amazingly fast with the new Smart TVs.

This morning was crafty time. It is Sunday and time for a new Paper Players Challenge. Ann is hostess with a Tic-tac-toe board. I love these!


I recently saw a Jennifer McGuire card on Instagram that I wanted to try. She calls them See Through Cards. She has a blog post here, although I haven't actually watched her video yet. I just saw the card she posted on IG and decided to give it a try. Not sure if I came close to her method, but mine worked pretty well, and I love the finished card. For the PP Tic-Tac-Toe challenge, I've used the diagonal upper right to lower left of patterned paper, embossing, die cut for my card.

Here is the card closed:


Here is the card standing so you can see the "open" format.



I scored the card base of heavy Gina K white card stock to make a top fold card. The front of the card is cut out using the Pink Fresh Studio Ornate Floral die. On the inside, I glued a piece of Whimsey Rainbow patterned paper to cover the entire inside panel. Using the Die-namics Stitched Oval dies, I cut two larger ovals and glued them back to back with the card front between them using liquid glue. The flower on the front is from the Altenew Engraved Flowers set. It is stamped using Gina K Amalgam ink and then heat embossed using VersaMark ink and clear embossing powder. This is done on another piece of the same Gina K card stock. After heat embossing, the flower is cut out using the corresponding set die and is popped up using Gina K foam squares. The sentiment, from the same stamp set, is heat embossed with white EP on black card stock. Finally, I added a few gold Pretty Pink Posh gems as embellishments. I love the black and white against the rainbow colors!

On the inside, I used a smaller oval from the same die set, making sure it is hidden by the front oval when the card is closed. The images are embossed using the same technique as on the front of the card.



Now, I will watch the video on Jennifer's blog to see if the technique is much different than mine. Regardless, these are pretty cards. Give it a try. I have other cover plate dies that would work well for this technique too, but I really like this very open PFS die.

Happy work week. Mine is looking rather light as a project that I was supposed to start on Monday has been postponed for another week.


Thanks for stopping by my blog,

Colleen

Supplies

Stamps: Engraved Flowers set by Altenew

Paper: Gina K heavy white card stock and Whimsey Stamps Rainbow paper (from a recent SSS monthly kit), SU Black card stock

Ink: Gina K Amalgam black and VersaMark

Other: Altenew set dies, Pink Fresh Studio Ornate Floral die, Die-namics Stitched Oval dies, Gemini Jr, Misti, clear and white EP, heat tool, Connect liquid glue, Pretty Pink Posh gems, Gina K foam squares

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Colleen! This is absolutely stunning! What a great design! The paper is gorgeous, and just perfect for peeking through the die cut. Thank you for playing in my Tic-Tac-Toe challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For not watching the video, you definitely knocked this design out of the ball park Colleen! The patterned paper you used is fabulous and keeping the floral image black and white let's it shine against the colorful background. Love your gorgeous take on the JM design and so glad you shared with us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!