About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, August 7, 2020

Thank You

 Happy Friday afternoon peeps,

I have been enjoying Gina K's Stamp and Chat videos since she started them a few months ago. I don't watch them live since they are on while I'm usually working, so watch them later via YouTube. I've learned some fun techniques, and she is always so fun as a person. I watched Wednesday's video yesterday and decided to make a card after we finished dinner last night. The technique is coloring with water color markers. Gina used Zig Clean Color markers and since I have them, I did too.

The stamp sets that I used are from Gina K Designs. I used Tim Holtz watercolor paper as she did. For the markers, I used two purple shades, two yellow shades and two green shades to color the flowers. The layout is this week's "retro" CAS(E) this Sketch!




Gina's technique is to use a darker shade at the bottom of the petal and then blend it up using a lighter shade. She doesn't use water. I like how easy the Zig markers blend in this way. I've tried the same idea, but used a water brush to blend up and it was basically a hot mess. I'm pretty happy with my first try results here. Gina used white EP on her flower image prior to coloring. I used the Gina K Designs Black Amalgam ink without embossing and it worked great with no bleeding of the black ink. After the coloring was completed, I used the light blue Zig marker to outline the images for contrast.

Here is the inside of my card. I used regular white card stock, the black Amalgam ink and Copics to color the flower here.


I am still trying to get used to this new blogger. It's kind of driving me crazy, but at some point it will become routine again.  I hope you all have a great Friday evening and weekend, and thanks for stopping in.

Colleen


Supplies

Stamps: Friendship Flower set and Scripty Encouragement set both by Gina K Designs

Paper: SU Whisper White and Black card stock, Tim Holtz water color paper

Ink: Gina K Black Amalgam ink, Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers (084 Deep Violet, 081 Light Violet, 050 Yellow, 051 Lemon Yellow, 042 Turquoise Green, 040 Green, 036 Light Blue), Copics

Other: Misti



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!