About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Stars & Stripes for SSSC 161

It's a Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge Sunday. Yea! Karen's sketches are always so fun to do and this week's is no exception. I pulled out some brand new Taylored Expressions goodies to play with for today's card. I love all of the 4th of July themed stamps and accessories that Taylor released this month.



For my card, I started with this year's 4th of July Project Pantry kit. I stamped Moka Betsy on X-Press It Blending CS and colored her with Copics then fussy cut her out. (lots of small details to color on this stamp. Very fun!) She is popped up on the TE Frame It up -1 die that I stamped, then embossed, with the fireworks stamp from the Celebrate Freedom TE set. 

The Stars & Stripes stamp is stamped with SU Night of Navy ink and punched out with SU round punches. The stars & stripes heart is also part of the Moka Betsy set, stamped with Night of Navy ink and cut out. For the flags, I used the TE die Blimps & Banners.

It's all stitched up with navy blue thread and finished off with some silver SU star eyelets.

Here's a look at the inside:


Two more TE dies are used here along with two more stamps from the Moka Betsy set.

Supplies
Stamps: Moka Betsy and Celebrate Freedom sets by Taylored Expressions
Paper: kraft and dark blue CS and Pebbles Let Freedom Ring PP from the TE 4th of July Project Pantry kit and X-Press It Blending CS
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU Night of Navy and Ridding Hood Red, Versa Mark, and Copics
Other: TE dies: Frame It Up-1, Blimps & Banners, Totally Tags, and Layering Doily Medium. SU silver embossing powder, heat tool, SU silver star eyelets, sewing machine, SU round punches, the Big Shot, and dimensionals

Here are the Copics used:


Have a fab Sunday evening all and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun are all those fireworks!? I love this Moka and your card is fabulous! You got these inked up quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are AWESOME Colleen! LOVE the fireworks behind Moka Betsy! AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!