About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Joy

Hi,

I've got a few minutes before heading off to work this morning so I thought I'd post a couple of cards that I made for this week's The Paper Players #218 challenge. This week, Sandy's challenge is to make a clean and simple card using gold or silver. Here's what I came up with:






I used a stamp set from last year called Evergreen. This tree image is one of my favorite trees. I like the loopy branches. This card certainly fits the clean and simple category as it couldn't have been easier to make. I sponged white liquid ink using a sponge dauber directly onto the stamp, then stamped it on the brushed silver cs. I stamped the outside trees first then the center one, re-inking each time. The "Joy" greeting is cut from SU Shimmery white paper and glued on with glue dots. The star is punched from champagne glimmer paper.


I made a second card while I had the silver paper out. This one is not so clean and simple, however.



I stamped the wreath in VersaMark ink on whisper white card stock and embossed it with silver. The second set of leaves is embossed in gold. The wreath is cut out with the coordinating die and layered onto the card base of whisper white, brushed silver and All Is Calm DSP. The bow and greeting are cut from red glimmer paper. The berries are dotted on with red Stickles. I found the red rhinestones set in gold in my stash and thought they would coordinate with the gold on the wreath.

Supplies
First card
Stamps: Stampin' Up set Evergreen
Paper: SU whisper white, brushed silver, shimmery white and champagne glimmer card stocks
Ink: Tsukineko All Purpose ink - white (SU had this last holiday season in white, silver and gold)
Other: SU Wondrous Wreath dies and SU star punch, the Big Shot, SU glue dots, SU sponge dauber, corner rounder punch

Second card
Stamps: Stampin' Up set Wondrous Wreath
Paper: SU whisper white, brushed silver and red glimmer card stock and SU All Is Calm DSP
Ink: Versamark
Other: SU gold and silver EP, Wondrous Wreath dies, red rhinestones, red Stickles, the big shot, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Both cards are fabulous, Colleen! I love the simplicity of the first card and the glitz of the second. The layout is so unique on the wreath card. Thanks for sharing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to have crafting time before you had to go to work! Great way to start the day! Both of your cards are beautiful! The tree stamp is fabulous on your first card and the bling and glitter on the second one is stunning! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!