About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Merry

Hello friends,

I've been planning my Christmas cards for 2014. I usually have a variety of cards available that I've make throughout the year so my friends and family receive different cards. However, it usually ends up that I need to make a few more than I've planned for. When that happens, I tend to do a mass production of 10 to 15 cards to accommodate what I need, just because time is running out. I've been trying to plan ahead for this "mass production" card, to come up with a card that doesn't take long to make, but looks like it. :) I think I may have found it, courtesy of Karen's SSSC # 239, and the new SU set Seasonally Scattered. Even with the layers, this card didn't take more than a few minutes and that was including my design time. Now, it will take even less time to put together.

Unfortunately, my photography and editing skills are a little lacking and the picture looks dark compared to the real thing. Here the brushed silver card stock and silver EP look blah, but in RL, it's very shinny and soft.




The Merry stamp was inked in VersaMark ink and stamped on SU vellum and heat embossed with silver EP. A piece of whisper white card stock cut the same size is placed behind it and layered onto the brushed silver CS and a piece of the All Is Calm DSP. I used 4 SU candy dots to hide the mini glue dots to hold the vellum to the white CS. The banner is a Die-namic die and the silver snowflake is from SU as well.

The inside:



Supplies
Stamps: Seasonally Scattered and More Merry Messages (inside sentiment) sets by Stampin' Up
Paper: SU whisper white and brushed silver card stocks, SU white vellum and SU All Is Calm DSP
Ink: VersaMark
Other: Die-namics Pierced Fishtail Flags Stax die, SU Tree Punch (inside), SU silver EP, SU All Is Calm snowflake embellishment, SU mini glue dots, SU candy dots, the Big Shot,  dimensionals

I hope your week is moving along well. Thanks for looking in today,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!