About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

Hello,

I've been super busy at work again this past week and haven't gotten a chance to get into my craft room since last weekend. I had errands this morning, but I am planning to do some stamping later today and tomorrow. Last Sunday, I did get a card made for my mom and managed to get it in the mail on Wednesday.

I went super simple with the design choosing to just stamp and color. After coloring the trumpet flowers with pink, I used the colorless blender marker to remove some of the ink for a softer look. The pink patterned paper boarder is popped up with foam tape for a little added dimension.



While the photo doesn't pick up the shimmer, I painted some Wink of Stella over the hummer's feathers. I used the image outline technique explained by Kathy Racoosin on her blog The Daily Marker. I love her tutorials on coloring!

Supplies
Stamps: Humming Along set by Flourish Stamps and MFT greeting
Paper: SU basic black and XPress-It card stock and Simple Stories patterned paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copics
Other: Foam tape, sequins, Wink of Stella

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!