About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Sending Smiles

Hi and Happy Tuesday,

Cruising around "blog-land" on Saturday, I came across a newly started challenge called tgif challenges. I always like a good sketch to work with and their TGIFC02 challenge is a sketch challenge, so I decided to play along.

I've been watching some Kristina Werner YouTube videos on "no line" watercoloring and decided to give it a try using these Mama Elephant stamps. This is my first attempt and it was pretty fun. I will be trying it again. I like the painted look for a change from routine water coloring or Copic coloring where the lines are usually visable.




Following Kristina's instructions, I inked the images in a light color, in this case SU Crumb Cake. I "stamped" off on scratch paper then stamped onto SU water color paper. (for the balloon strings, I re-inked them before stamping onto the water color paper so they would be darker) Using Distress markers, I "colored" them onto an acrylic block, then used a paint brush to pickup water and the color to paint the images. I used my heat tool to dry areas before changing colors to avoid colors blending together.

The greeting is stamped in VersaMark ink and heat embossed with SU white EP. The images were cut with various dies and used per the sketch layout.

Supplies
Stamps: Up and Away set by Mama Elephant
Paper: SU Mambo Melon card stock, SU water color paper, Carta Bella "Soak Up the Sun" patterned papers
Ink: SU Crumb Cake, Tim Holtz Distress markers, VersaMark
Other: SU label dies, Die-namics stitched circle die, SU white EP, sequins, the Big Shot, dimensionals

Thanks all for looking in,
Colleen

5 comments:

  1. This card is just divine! So so adorable. What a fun colouring technique you have featured. I must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Love the colours, love the fun background, love everything!! Thanks for playing along :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending Smiles is the most perfect sentiment for this card! No doubt this adorable little guy is bringing a ton of smiles to all of us in blog land! So happy you shared with us @ TGIF Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I am in love with that little monkey and the balloons. I think I will have to give the no line water-coloring technique a try. Thanks for joining us at TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Colleen on being one of the Honorable Mentions this week! We have posted a link to your card on our Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/tgifchallenges
    Don't forget to grab our Honorable Mention Blog Button!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!