About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, December 6, 2019

Cozy Christmas

Hi again,

For my second post this morning I have another Christmas card. This one I made following the theme challenge for the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog. This week's challenge is to use red, green and white, those wonderful, traditional Christmas colors. I love the cookies in their inspiration picture too. Yum!




The stamp set is from Concord & 9th and it's at least one year old, maybe two. Old enough to comply with the challenge rules, regardless. I love the stitched look of this set. The background is stamped using Hero Unicorn craft ink and heat embossed with white EP on some Taylored Expressions deep red card stock. The sentiment panel is stamped with SU  Real Red and Call Me Clover ink and cut out using a SU die. The holly leaves are Concord & 9th dies. I didn't bring any Call Me Clover card stock so I blended the ink onto Whisper White using a blending brush and cut out the holly leaves and used the rest to layer with. The bow and enamel dots are also SU.

Here is the inside of the card. This is another Concord & 9th set from last year called Merry and Bright.


Have a great day and thanks,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Cozy Christmas and Merry and Bright sets by Concord & 9th
Paper: Taylored Expressions and SU card stock
Ink: SU Real Red, Call Me clover, Hero Unicorn craft white
Other: Concord & 9th Holly leaves dies, SU Stitched Label die, SU red ribbon, SU red enamel dots, SU white EP, heat tool, Misti, Gemini Jr, dimensionas, liquid glue, TE blending brush

4 comments:

  1. The stitched look of this set is fantastic! The layers make the card look all cozy! The interior is also wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber for Challenge 125, please play along with us after the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a warm and cosy look! Perfect for a wintery Christmas. I like that your holly leaves are flat as it makes a great contrast with the busy stitching behind. Very cute bow too. Thanks for playing along with us again at Retro Rubber Challenge, Colleen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cross-stitch look of this sentiment too! What a perfect DSP to go with it as well....very traditional, warm and cozy! Thanks for sharing this with us this week at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card!!! The stitched lettering and design is perfect for the challenge. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!