About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, June 22, 2020

From the Bottom of My Heart and One Cool Pineapple

Hello Stamping Friends,

Happy Monday. I had a very productive weekend making cards and had a fun time doing so, which is kind of the point. I decided to get on the Slim Line band wagon and make  a couple of tall and skinny cards. I've ordered some dies for this size card, but they haven't arrived yet. These two happen to be one layer cards.

Both of these were made yesterday afternoon for Joanne's CAS challenge for the Paper Players. I had made the pineapple card first and decided it really didn't fit all of the CAS characteristics, so I made a second card that has more open "white" space, and still one layer.




This white card is made using the SSS set called Hello Darling. It's all just simple stamping on a Whisper White thick card base measuring 3.5 x 8.5 inches. The sentiments are stamped on strips of Whisper White and Basic Black and glued under the bike. That is the only added layering on the card.



This pineapple card I really like. The images from the SSS One Cool Pineapple set are stamped randomly with Memento tuxedo black ink and then colored with Polychromos colored pencils. After the coloring was completed, I covered all of the sunglasses with Glossy Accents to make them look glassy, and the little hearts are brushed with Wink of Stella. The card base is the SU retired Barely Banana card stock cut to 3.5 x 8.5 inches.




These were fun to make. Looking forward to the dies that I ordered to make more.

Thanks for looking in and have a nice and safe week,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: All Simon Says Stamp; One Cool Pineapple set, Hello Darling set, Thankful Flowers set (inside greeting on yellow card)
Paper: SU Whisper White thick, Basic Black, Barely Banana card stock
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, VersaMark, Gina K cubes in various pinks, peaches, reds, greens and yellow shades
Other: white embossing powder, heat tool, Misti, Faber Castell Polychromos colored pencils, Glossy Accents, Wink of Stella

4 comments:

  1. Colleen, they are both fabulous cards. I haven't jumped on this slimline card bandwagon yet, but looking at your cards has given me some great ideas about how I could. I also love how the inside of both cards perfectly echoes the outside. So glad you shared these beauties with us at the Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these Colleen and the slimline style allows for lots more detail but maintaining a CAS feel. Super cute! Thanks for playing along with my CAS Thanks challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE slim line cards...these are awesome! thanks for playing along at PP this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, Colleen! Congrats on being the Headliner this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!