About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, June 19, 2020

Life is Better. . .

Happy Friday all,

My work computer is being updated this morning so while it's unavailable, I have a chance to post my Paper Players Challenge card for this week. I'm just squeaking it in, LOL.

A few days ago I watched another of Jennifer McGuire's technique videos called Faux Die Cut Monoprinting and decided to give it a try. I made several attempts, some worked pretty well and some, not so much. But, one that did come out pretty cool is the background for today's card.

In the instructions, Jennifer recommends using inks that are water sensitive such as Distress or Distress Oxide. Since this week's PP challenge is a color challenge, I wanted to see if the SU inks would work. I had good luck with the Real Red and the Tranquil Tide, but the Basic Gray inks is clearly a different formula. As you can see in my picture, no color for the Basic Gray ink transferred using this technique. I tried it a few times with always the same no color transfer.

The die that I used is the Taylored Expressions Quatrefoil Cutting Plate. For this particular background, after running everything through my die cutting machine, and before removing the die, I used purple tape over the  whole back side so that I could pull the pieces out still in their original formations. I then used this whole piece as the mono print. It really is a pretty cool technique.





The flower dies and the stamped sentiment are from the SU set called Peaceful Moments. After gluing everything in place I added some silver sequins to compliment the gray card stock.

For the inside, I used the large stamp from the new Blossoms in Bloom set, stamping off to get a light image. The sentiment stamp is also from this set.



If you are looking for a new technique to try, head over to Jennifer's blog and check this one out. I think you'll have fun.

Thanks for looking in and have a great Friday!
Colleen


Supplies
Stamps: Peaceful Moments set and Blossoms in Bloom set by Stampin' Up
Ink: SU Basic Gray, Real Red, Tranquil Tide, VersaMark
Paper: SU Thick Whisper White, Real Red, Tranquil Tide and Basic Gray card stocks
Other: Misti, Gemini Jr,  Big Shot, TE Quatrefoil Cutting Plate, SU Peaceful Moments dies, white embossing powder, heat tool, liquid glue, dimensionals, sequins

1 comment:

  1. I love that background Colleen and I watched the same video just yesterday, so can't wait to give it a try. It was interesting to read about your experiences with SU inks - I love the background you produced, perfect for your poppy. Thanks for playing along with our colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!