About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, June 8, 2020

Sending Birthday Joy

Hello,

Since I was home and on PTO today due to our bathroom remodel, I had a chance to do some stamping. I also did some drawer reorganization in my craft room. Last night, I was playing around with some Gina K ink cubes by applying the ink directly to some paper to make a variety of squares. Using my SU 1" punch, I punched out the squares and glued some of the them down on a piece of white card stock. I set it aside until I figured out what to make with it and this afternoon, I used it for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!




Using the Misti, I stamped one of the flowers from the Altenew Wallpaper Art set with Gina K black amalgam ink. I stamped it several times to get a darker image. Next I cut a flower mask from Gina K masking paper and then stamped the leaves. After the stamping was completed, I matted the panel with white and black card stocks. On the card base I stamped the same flower image with Gina K Red Hot ink, matching one of the colors used to make the squares.

The large sentiment is heat embossed with white EP onto black card stock, and the smaller sentiment is stamped with Red Hot ink onto a white strip. The sentiments are from the SSS Leafy Frames set.

The inside is super simple. I heat embossed the sentiment using white EP on a panel of Poppy Parade card stock.



I bought a new toy. I use a label maker quite a bit for organizing my stamp sets and dies. My old one finally wore out. The tape cut mechanism quit working so I have to pull the tape out far enough to cut it with scissors. That is a major waste of the tape, so I decided to buy a new one. I got the P-touch Embellish machine. It does a lot! They have patterned wash tape cartridges and ribbon cartridges. Tons of fonts too. Very fun!

Have a nice Monday evening and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Altenew Wallpaper Art set, Simon Says Stamp Leafy Frames and Sketched Flowers sets
Paper: SU Whisper White thick and regular card stock, SU Poppy Parade card stock
Ink: Various Gina K ink cubes in reds and pinks including Red Hot, Gina K black amalgam ink, VersaMark
Other: Misti, heat tool, white embossing powder, SU 1" punch, Gina K Masking paper, foam tape and Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!