About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Let Your Heart Be Light

Happy Hump day peeps,

I'm still visiting my mom in Northern California. I decided to go ahead and stay through the July 4th holiday weekend, then I'll head home.

When I drove up, I brought just a few stamping supplies with me, but, I had my July Mini Catalog and Sale-a-Bration Demo pre-order mailed to mom's house so I would have new "goodies" to play with. I packed the card stock and inks to match the colors in the new DSPs, so I am all set to make a few holiday cards.

For Joanne's sketch at the Paper Players challenge this week, I used some of the new holiday sets and papers and made two cards using her sketch. 

This first card took some time to make. While the sketch is pretty simple, I used a circle die that cut the DSP apart and  then I pieced everything back together. I think it was worth the time, but I probably wouldn't mass produce this card. Most all of the supplies are from the Lights Aglow Suite. Only the heart die is non-SU. Side note, I was unsure about the Succulent shade of green for a holiday card, but it works beautifully.

Making the second card was just the opposite, nice and easy, and quick.  Besides the card base and black matting, it is made using the memories and more card pack from the Santa Express Suite. One card is used for the background and another I cut up to make the horizontal greeting element.






While I had the Santa Express supplies out I made two more holiday cards. This suite is super cute! If you look closely, you will see two new embossing folders in the backgrounds. I added some light blue ink prior to running them through my die cutting machine. The stamped images are colored with colored pencils, the only coloring tools that I have here.




Have a great day! Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stampin' Up Santa Express and Lights Aglow Suites including DSPs, stamp sets and corresponding dies.
SU Basic white and black, Soft Succulent, Very Vanilla card stock, Gina K Designs silver card stock
Memento tuxedo black ink, SU Pool Party ink
Prismacolor colored pencils, Gamsol, Big Shot, Misti, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 1 & 2 die sets, SU dimensinals

5 comments:

  1. All of your cards look great, Colleen! I think the Soft Succulent definitely looks lovely for a holiday card. Love the Santa Express cards too, that stamp set is so cute! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving all of your cards Colleen - this first one was worth the effort, so pretty! Those Santa trains are cute too. Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable cards! I do love the first one...I've not played much with those dies yet, but despite the "fussiness" of poking out all those holes, I think the finished effect is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with our sketch this week at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just clarifying...your card is not fussy....just me having to think about poking out the holes is fussy, LOL! Didn't want you to think I didn't like your card...I love it, actually! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your cards are beautiful, but I just love the sparkly detail in your first card. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!