About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, July 6, 2023

Thinking Of You

 Hello,

The June Gina K Designs release had some vintage themed stamps and dies and I thought this pretty butterfly image would work well on a mini-slimline card for the current Sunday Stamps Challenge. 

I cut a piece of newspaper with the stitched die from the GKD Master Layouts 7 die set and cut a mat from navy card stock using the layering die. After cutting the news print, I crumpled it up then flattened it before using a blending brush to add color. 

The color scheme comes from the current Color Hues Challenge. The colors this time are merlot and navy.






Enjoy your Thursday. It's going to be a bit cooler here in northern California for the next three days with temps in the  high 90s instead of the triple digits we had all last week.

Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Vintage Summer set with coordinating dies by Gina K Designs
Paper: SU card stock, old news paper
Ink: SU
Other: Gina K Designs Master Layouts 7 dies, blending brush, SU metal rose dots, Misti, Big Shot, Connect glue, SU Dimensionals

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sunday Stamps. Your trio of butterflies work perfectly for our "Going Slim" sketch challenge....I love the deep rich colors that you used. -Deb Horst, DT #SOS312

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, I so love your vintage design with the Gina kit butterflies, especially using a piece of real newspaper for the background. A fabulous take on the sketch! I have yet to use the vintage images from this kit but you added another bit of inspiration as I start using it - thank you! And thank you so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What an AWESOME card Colleen! I love vintage style cards and you've pulled it off perfectly with our challenge colors and those beautiful butterflies from Gina! I love the mini slimline size cards too, so everything about this card really grabs my attention...LOVE it!! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at The Color Hues Color Challenge! Marcia (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those butterflies are gorgeous, Colleen! Awesome slimline card! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues, we certainly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen I just love those pretty butterflies and love seeing you made a slimline! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Colleen I wasn't logged on to Google. ;)

      Delete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!