About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Hello

 Happy Thursday Peeps,

I'm still in Northern CA visiting my mom and we are headed into a week of very hot days. Especially this weekend with predictions of 113 to 116 degrees, Although, I guess I should be thankful that I'm not in the Southwest.

Since I am still at my mom's I had to improvise for Ann's color challenge for this week's Paper Players. I have mostly retired SU card stocks and ink colors here. I pulled out a very light, clear pink and a cranberry that look to be very close to the actual current SU colors. I do have Lost Lagoon here. 

I used some recent Spellbinders dies for this card, both from the June clubs. The background and stitched scallop shells are from the Stitched Shell Card Front die and the octopus is from the Dancin' Octopus die set. The square under the octopus is embossed with the Spellbinders Seashell EF. The sign is heat embossed with white EP on black card stock. I added SU clear sparkly gems to the stitched scallop shells.




Here is the inside of the card. I'll be sending this to a friend whose birthday is towards the end of July.



Enjoy your day and stay COOL!
Colleen


Supplies
Stamps and dies: from Spellbinders June clubs Stitched Shell Card Front and Dancin' Octopus die sets. Inside greeting from Spellbinders Sentimental Greetings stamp set
Paper: SU retired light pink and berry, Lost Lagoon, Basic Black and Basic White
Ink: VersaMark and Hero ink
Other: Spellbinders embossing foder, Gina K Designs white embossing powder, heat tool, big shot, Misti, light pink and white embroidery floss, SU gems, Connect glue, SU Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. This is a very cute 'improvisation', Colleen! Thank you for sharing it with us at The Paper Players.
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love how you were able to substitute those colors and make this amazing creation! So fun! LOVE the shells! Thanks for playing with our colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, Colleen! I love the stitched clam shells with their bling! The inside is just as adorable as the front. It's amazing how close the retired colors are to the current ones. What a wonderful way to use the challenge colors! Thank you for playing in my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!