About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

For You

 Happy Hump Evening to all,

It's been a nice autumn day here in SoCal with a little rain and wind, but still fairly warm at 63 degrees. Yesterday it got up to 75! We've been preping for our trip to NY on Friday, getting laundry done, scheduling our ride to the airport, etc. Tomorrow will be packing day.

It's color week at The Paper Players and Joanne has a holiday color palette this month of red, gold, green and another color of our choice. I choose blue, well I guess really it's aqua, as my fourth color to make these all die cut cards. All of the dies are from Spellbinders, as are the card stocks and glimmer paper. 




I started this card by embossing the top of the card base. Then I very  lightly rubbed the top with gold craft ink so it just highlighted the raised portions from the embossing folder. The large bow is a die set called All Occasion Bow, and is super fun to put together. I've made several in many different colors, but when I saw that gold was one of Joanne's colors, I thought it would look pretty with this glimmer paper from Spellbinders. The flowers, leaves and sentiment dies are from another Spellbinders holiday die set which is called Petite Blooms.

For the inside, I used sentiments that I hot foiled using a Spellbinders Glimmer holiday sentiment set.



On the second card, I went with a green background starting with the same steps as with the first. Dry embossing the card base and using gold craft ink to highlight the raised portions. The Christmas tree has a base but I just used the inside florals here. The leaves are cut from gold card stock and the flowers are cut from white and colored using blending brushes. Unfortunately, in my photos they look pink-ish, but I did use red inks, Gina K Red Velvet and Lipstick. I took the pictures both inside and outside, but no difference in the colors on the flowers. The dark red pearls match the darker ink blending almost perfectly IRL.



Here's the inside of this card. I heat embossed this with gold EP. This sentiment is from Gina K Designs.



This may be my last post for several weeks. We leave on Friday early am, so I'm not sure I'll be doing much crafting tomorrow. We are back home on Dec. 12. Happy Thanksgiving next week to all those celebrating in the U.S. I hope you get to spend it with family and friends.

Colleen


Supplies
Spellbinders die sets: All Occasion Bow, Petite Blooms and Layered Poinsettia Tree 
Paper: Spellbinders card stocks
Ink: Color Box gold craft, Gina K Designs Embossing craft ink, Gina K Designs Red Velvet, Lipstick, Turquoise Sea, Sea Glass
Other: Spellbinders embossing folders Holly & Foliage and Stylized Trellis, GKD gold embossing powder, heat tool, Big Shot, Connect glue, foam squares, Red Pearls

2 comments:

  1. Colleen, I love that gorgeous, big, shimmery bow. The addition of the blue/aqua really lifts the green and the red. Fabulous card. So glad you shared this beauty with us at The Paper Players this week and have a fabulous time in NYC!
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen that fabulous gold oversized bow makes for such a wow centrepiece - I love the red embossed background too. The aqua is a great addition for a 4th colour. Enjoy your trip! Thanks for playing my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!