About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, November 2, 2023

When Life Gets Nutty

Hello,

I'm combining two challenges for my card today. The sketch comes from the current  Freshly Made Sketches challenge and the parameters are from Claire's Tic-Tac-Toe challenge on the Paper Players blog. I pulled out a super cute set from Lawn Fawn that I've not used in forever called Let's Go Nuts!

I used the diagonal plaid, die-cut and embossing options on the Tic-Tac-Toe and kept very close to Jen's sketch. 





For the embossing elements, the card base front and the plaid background are both dry embossed using the Concord & 9th Stitched Fall Leaves card front die and I heat embossed the three sentiments using clear EP over Charcoal Brown ink. The sentiment strips and the squirrels are all die cut.

On the inside, I matched the embossed plaid from the outside and added one more squirrel. No sentiment, just a place to write a personal message.



Enjoy your Thursday evening, and thanks for checking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Lets go Nuts by Lawn Fawn with co-ordinating dies
Paper: Gina K Designs Sandy Beach and Charcoal Brown card stock, SU Very Vanilla card stock, Lawn Fawn brown plaid patterned paper
Ink: Gina K Designs Charcoal Brown & embossing ink, and Copic markers
Other: Gina K Designs Master Layouts 1 dies, Concord & 9th Stitched Fall Leaves card front die, Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Strip dies, SU clear embossing powder, heat tool, Big Shot, SU Mini-Dimensionals, Misti, Connect glue

5 comments:

  1. Oh Colleen, this is just adorable!!!!! Such a sweet card for a friend. Those little squirrels are precious and the sentiment is lovely! SO happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, dry embossing the card base is something I never think to do, but it adds interest inside the card when you open it - great idea! AND you lined up the dry embossing on the plaid panel with the base and added dry embossing inside. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Paper Players!
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is so cute! What a sweet card, those little nut-carrying squirrels are adorable! Thanks for using our Tic-Tac-Toe grid this week to make something so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These little ones are just so sweet! Love the fall colors and the plain too. Thanks for playing along with my sketch this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These little critters are adorable! I love the Fall theme of this cute card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!