About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, November 13, 2023

Merry Christmas

 Happy Monday Morning Peeps,

Hoping everyone had a wonderful weekend full of crafting. I'm sure there are lots of Holiday cards being made. That's what I've been doing because I need to get all of mine finished and addressed prior to this Friday. We are headed to the East coast on Friday and we will be gone until Dec. 11. We'll be home for three days before friends from Chicago come for a five day visit and two days after that, I will drive to my mom's house in NorCal for the Christmas Holiday. Needless to say, a very busy time for me and after this week, I don't see much crafting going on.

Last night I played around with Jen's sketch for the current Freshly Made Sketches challenge. As the card was coming together, I wasn't sure I was liking it, but once completed, it actually turned out pretty cute. 

All of the supplies are from Gina K Designs and I used ALL THE TOOLS, stamping, embossing folders, stencils, die cutting and coloring. 





The background and the horizontal element are embossed using the GKD Snowflake embossing folder. The background is teal card stock with white craft ink rubbed over the raised snowflakes. The horizontal piece is opposite, white card stock with teal ink rubbed over the raised snowflakes. For the second panel, I laid out several sentiments from several holiday sets in two directions and stamped them to make a background. I used three different shades of teal inks from very light to medium. I also threw in some small snowflake images to fill in some spaces. The top angled panel is the GKD Falling Snow stencil over white using Sea Glass ink. I used a curved hill die to cut it towards the bottom to make a hill for the snow folks. They are colored with Copics and on the light string I glued clear and red pearls for some shine.




On the inside, I used two sentiment images and matted the panel with dark teal card stock.



I'm really looking forward to our trip on Friday. We are first heading to an area of NY that I've not been to. Our friends have a house in Greenport at the northern tip of Long Island. We'll be there until Nov. 29 then we are taking the ferry over to New London, CT and our friends that live in Mass. will pick us up and we will be spending the rest of our vacation with them. We have tickets for a couple tours of the Newport, RI mansions, which we've done before, but they will be decorated for the holidays and should be spectacular. 

Have a great week all, and thanks for checking in,
Colleen

Supplies- all Gina K Designs
Stamps: Snowmen from Feeling Frosty set, background greetings from multiple GKD sets
Paper: Tranquil Teal and Layering Weight White card stock
Ink: Black Onyx, Tranquil Teal, Craft White, Sea Glass, Turquoise Sea, Blue Lagoon, Ocean Mist, Red Velvet and Copics
Other: Snowflake embossing folder, Falling Snow stencil, Master Layouts 6, Frozen rhinestones and colored pearl mix, blending brushes, Misti, Big Shot, foam squares, Connect glue


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!