About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, October 27, 2023

Happy Halloween

 TGIF Peeps,

It's funny, but even being retired I still look forward to the weekends. Probably because that's when we get together with friends more than during the weekdays. Our plans for tonight are for a little wine and a little pizza with friends.

Last night I pulled out some old wood mounted stamps to make a card for this month's Wood Block Wednesday Challenge. Since I still could use a couple more Halloween cards, that's what I made.This is Rosiland and Russel from Stampassions. All of the images, inside and out, are from wood mounted stamps.






I stamped the duo in Memento black ink on vanilla card stock and colored the images with Copics. After, I cut them out using oval dies from Spellbinders, using the next size to cut a black mat. The orange chevron patterned paper is very old from SU. The greeting is inked first with coral ink and then with black for a two-toned effect, cut out with a sentiment die and also matted. While it's hard to see in the pic, I added some Nuvo glitter to the pumpkin's eyes, nose and mouth, as well as to the tiny stars around the outside, and added two small black enamel dots on the sides for embellishment.

The inside:



Thanks to Amy for hosting this challenge to use these older wood mounted stamps. They usually sit  neglected in their drawers.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps:
Witch stamp: Stampassions
Happy Halloween stamp: Stampendous
Inside sentiment stamp: Simply Stamped
Tiny cat stamp: Hero Arts
Paper: SU Vanilla and Black card stock, SU DSP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Gina K Designs Coral Reef, Copic markers
Other: Spellbinders Essential Stylish Oval dies, Simon Says Stamp Sentimental Label dies, Big Shot Switch, Nuvo clear glitter brush, black enamel dots, foam squares, Connect glue

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I love the halloween design. Thanks so much for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!