About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, October 9, 2023

Thank You

 Hi,

In today's post I have a couple of cards made using the colors in this week's Paper Players Challenge.  LeAnne is hostess with the months color challenge and she has some great colors perfect for Halloween cards. I took a different route with the colors however, and decided to use a large floral layering stencil from Concord & 9th to make some thank you cards. They are striking, and I really like how they turned out.




After completing the stenciling, I ran the panels through Concord & 9th Stitched card front dies.

The large die cut sentiment is also a Concord & 9th die. I cut it twice from regular black card stock and glued those together. I cut them once again from Erin Lee black shinny card stock and glued these on top of the other two, finally gluing the stacked dies to the front of the card front. A few Gina K Designs black pearls are added around for embellishments.

Simple sentiments make up the inside of the cards.



On this card, I reversed the orange and purple layers, but the Highland Heather shade was a little too light to cover the Pumpkin Pie, so I went over it with a darker shade of purple, in the case GKD Plum Punch ink. I also used a different C&9th Stitched card front die and gold pearls instead of black.



I hope you have a great rest of the week, and thanks for checking in.
Colleen


Supplies
Stamps & Stencils: Cottage Garden Layering stencils and Lots Of Thoughts stamp set by Concord & 9th
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight White, SU Basic Black, Thick Basic White, Highland Heather, Pumpkin Pie card stock, Erin Lee Shinny Black card stock
Ink: SU Highland Heather, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive & Gina K Designs Black Onyx & Plum Punch
Other: Concord & 9th Quilted Card Front and Triangle Background card front dies, Gina K Designs Pearl Mix, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 dies,  blending brushes, Big Shot Switch, Misti, Connect glue


1 comment:

  1. Wowza, you did an awesome job with these stencils! Those colors look AMAZING using them the way you did! And the black sentiment has just the right "boldness" to stand out. BUT...my favorite part is the the stitching on the card front....totally gives up another boost up in the creativity factor! Thanks for playing with my colors!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!