About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, October 23, 2023

Happy Birthday

 Happy Monday,

I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend. On Saturday we headed to the wine country in Temecula to pickup our Fall allocation from one of the wineries there. We took some lunch and had a glass of wine then made it back to the coast by late afternoon. It was a nice little diversion from the usual Saturday stuff.

I'm cutting it close with my card for this week's Freshly Made Sketches entry. I finished this late last night and took the photo before heading out for a walk this morning so I could edit and post. I had a totally different approach in mind for these banners, but then I remembered this C & 9th stamp and die set and here's what I did.




The background is embossed with a Spellbinders embossing folder. I trimmed the panel and matted it before adding the ice cream cones. The cone bases are cut from kraft card stock and ink blended with Warm Cocoa ink and the waffle die is straight kraft card stock. The ice cream is die cut from some older Tim Holtz papers as are the jimmies (or are they sprinkles?) The Happy Birthday stamp is from a different C & 9th stamp set.

Thanks for checking in and have a great week!
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps and Die sets by Concord & 9th: Petal Pushers set for the sentiment and Pretty Sweet set for the ice cream dies
Paper: Gina K Designs Ivory, and Black Onyx, Tim Holtz colored card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Black Onyx and Warm Cocoa
Other: Spellbinders Birthday Candles embossing folder, Gina K Designs large Sentiment Strip dies, Big Shot Switch, Misti, Connect Glue, Blending brushes, SU dimensionals



PS- Here's what Google has for jimmies Vs sprinkles:

The sprinkles vs. jimmies debate

Though the term sprinkles seems to be more widely used, regionality comes into play when it comes to this ice cream topping. According to Philadelphia’s WHYY publication Billy Pennthe term jimmies is used widely in Pittsburgh and Boston and parts of the Midwest, though sprinkles is heard more in New York.
But it’s not always so cut and dry. A 2006 University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee survey reported that some respondents use different terms when it comes to length, color, or application (jimmies on ice cream and sprinkles on donuts, for example). So there you have it :)



2 comments:

  1. I love this creative take on the sketch, Colleen! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cones look so realistic and I love the colours you've used on this fun card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!