About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Happy Halloween

 Happy Hump Day folks,

Today I have a Halloween card that was super fun to make, and super easy to make. No stamping on this card at all. It's pretty rare for me to make a card without any stamping, but here we have one.

This card works for two challenges this week. The Paper Players challenge is the monthly CAS challenge with a theme of Signs of Fall, and the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is called Text It. 

To make this card I started with a slimline card base in thick white card stock. This one measures 8.5 x 3.5 inches. I lined up 4 of the Tim Holtz Bold Text dies from the set down the front, taped them in place and ran it through my die cutting machine. After removing the die cut letters, I ink blended orange ink over the entire front of the panel, then blended black ink around the edges. I glued a piece of black shiny/matte card stock under the front panel, die cut the spider and popped her up over one of the "Os" in BOO!, and covered her body with black Stickles to allow her to stand out a little more.

This was SO fast and easy to make and I love how it turned out. It will go to one of my nephews for their Halloween card.





For the inside, I added another of the text dies, but this time instead of using the negative, I used the letters and another die from another Tim Holtz Halloween die set.



The signs of Fall and Halloween are very obvious around the hood. Everyday on my walk I see more and more skeletons, ghosts, and goblins popping up in trees and yards. It's very festive!

Wishing you all a great day and week,
Colleen

Supplies
Dies: Sizzix-Tim Holtz dies Bold Text Halloween, Spider Web, and Retro Halloween
Paper: Gina K Designs Heavy Weight White, Black Onyx, & Tomato Soup,  SU Pumpkin Pie, and Erin Lee Matte Black card stocks
Ink: Gina K Designs Tangerine Twist, Black Onyx
Other: Blending brushes, Big Shot Switch, Connect glue, black and yellow Stickles, SU mini Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful fall-inspired card Colleen - Halloween is an essential part of autumnal celebrations! Love the bold sentiment and sparkly spider and I'm sure your nephew will too. Thanks for playing along with my CAS Challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!