About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, August 21, 2026

Stay Cool

TGIF! 

I've had a very relaxing day watching tennis, the Cincy Open, and doing some stamping while watching.

The current Color Hues challenge colors are yellow and orange and I wanted to see what I could come up with for them. I figured using bright color shades would make a great summer card while using more muted shades would work great for a fall card. As I'm not ready to give up on summer quite yet, I made a fun "beachy" summer birthday card. I've used the current Freshly Made Sketches challenge for my layout.





The sunglasses dies are from Concord & 9th. The palm trees are from one Gina K.'s silhouette stamp sets and the sun is made with a Gina K. stencil. The sunglasses are cut from yellow, orange and black glossy card stock as are the tiny orange and yellow hearts, which are part of the C&9th die set.

For the inside, I used sentiments from both the C&9th set and the Gina K. set.





Enjoy your Friday evening and weekend!

Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Spectacular Shades stamp and die set by Concord & 9th, Ocean Silhouettes stamp set by Gina K Designs
Paper: Gina K Designs card stock and Scrapbook.com Glossy card stock
Ink: Altenew and Simon Says Stamp
Other: Sun Spots Stencil by Gina K Designs, Essential Diamond Dies by Spellbinders, Waffle Flower blending brushes, Connect liquid glue





2 comments:

  1. WOW...what an awesome Summer card Colleen! Love everything about this bright and bold card...from the sunglasses, the stenciled dotty sun & the palm trees! It all works so perfectly with our challenge colors and making them SHINE! Thanks so much for sharing this FUN card with us at the Color Hues Challenge!! Marcia (DT) :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so eye-catching--pun intended! You have a lot of patience, fiddling with those little words inside the glasses, but it made for a fabulous summery card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!