About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, February 13, 2023

Birthday Wishes

 Hi all,

I hope you had a fab weekend. We spent some time with friends, which is always fun and I had plenty of time in my craft room too.

I made this card yesterday afternoon using Linda's sketch for the current Freshly Made Sketches challenge and Ann's color challenge for the Paper Players. I took a wee bit of creative license with Linda's sketch with three flowers instead of two, but the card balance needed three.







The background is made using a new set of layering stencils from Pink Fresh Studio. Because I wanted to use the Crumb Cake challenge color as card stock, (in this case Kraft card stock),  I first stenciled each layer with white ink then repeated using the remaining three colors in the challenge, slightly off-set.

The large flowers are from another Pink Fresh Studio set that includes stamps, stencils, dies and a hot foil plate. I stamped the flowers on kraft card stock using kraft ink, then used the layering stencils in the same manner as the background inking first with white then with each of the challenge colors. 

The horizontal panel is made by cutting strips of the card stock and gluing them on an angle to a 2 x 4.5  inch piece of paper. This is stamped and heat embossed with white EP and popped up with foam tape.

Finally, I used some Trinity white pearls for embellishments in the centers of some of the background flowers and in all of the focal flowers.

Here is the inside of the card. The stamps are from a new birthday set from Gina K Designs.



Have a great week, and happy crafting!
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps/stencils: Pink Fresh Studio Floral Lace layering stencil set, Brighter Days stamps and layering stencils, Delicate Floral Print background stamp. Gina K Designs Birthday Cheer Mini stamp set
Paper: SU Thick White, Balmy Blue, Petal Pink, So Saffron and Gina K Designs Kraft card stocks
Ink: Hero Arts Unicorn craft white, Gina K Designs Kraft and Black Onyx, Stampin' Up Balmy Blue, Petal Pink, So Saffron
Other: Gina K Designs Pre-printed sentiment strip, WOW white embossing powder, heat tool, Misti, Big Shot, Trinity white pearls, Connect liquid glue, SU Dimensionals, foam tape, SSS mini blending brushes, Tim Holtz sponge blending tool

5 comments:

  1. Your floral design is so pretty! I love how you detailed you design with color! Beautifully done! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty grouping of flowers! I love the background you created for them! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Colleen! The stenciled background is stunning and is the perfect backdrop for the large flowers. I LOVE the way you incorporated the challenge colors. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the ink blending! Beautiful background! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen, so pretty. What a great use of the sketch and the colors. I love the pastels on the crumb cake. Fabulous job blending. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week. Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!