About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, February 9, 2023

Rock Star

 Hey all,

I hope this week has been going well for you. I've not had much stamping MOJO this week, but I did manage to finish a card using a couple of challenges. It was a struggle as I kept changing things up, but in the end, I think it turned out okay.

Using LeAnne's music theme for this week's Paper Player's Challenge and the sketch from the current Sunday Stamps Challenge, this is the card I came up with.





It turns out that I don't have many music themed stamps in my collection. I found two sets that would work, both older Taylored Expressions sets, and I decided to use this one called You're My Hero which has several Rock N Roll images. 

The patterned papers are from my stash and I have no idea the company, but I'm sure they came in a TE Key Ingredients monthly set from years ago. (Probably with this stamp set.) The images in the paper are of headphones. There are two sheets with the same coloring and pattern. In one the headphone images are big, and on the other sheet, the headphone images are smaller. 

I stamped the rock peeps on the sheet with the smaller headphone images and cut them out using a Spellbinders circle die and cut a black mat with a large scalloped circle die. The two squiggly stars are stamped using SU Lemon Lime Twist ink. Before die cutting them, I stamped the sentiments over the stamped stars with black ink. The embellishments are small die cut stars, cut from black card stock with black Stickles glitter added. 

Here's the inside. The images are stamped on another piece from the same patterned paper stack. 



That's all from me for today. I have some Valentine's Day cards that I've made over the last few weeks that I really should get in the mail soon. Maybe I'll work on that this afternoon.

Thanks all, and happy Thursday.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: You're My Hero set by Taylored Expressions
Paper: SU Black and Lemon Lime Twist card stock, stash patterned papers
Ink: Gina K Designs Black Amalgam and Wild Lilac, Stampin' Up Lemon Lime Twist
Other: Spellbinders circle and large scalloped circle dies, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 dies, Avery Elle various size star dies, black Stickles, Misti, Big Shot, SU Dimensionals, Connect liquid glue


6 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I am reminded of that old TV show called Hullabaloo! Boy, did I want to dress like those girls...and have go-go boots! Thanks for the fun walk down memory lane with your cool card! And thanks for playing with my challenge this week at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fabulous card for a teenager Colleen! I love the grungy background and pop feel, and as always an inside that's as fabulous as the outside! Thanks for playing along over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen, this is so amazing! Just perfect for a teenager! Love the grunge and the fun vibes. So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card Colleen! Thanks so much for sharing over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, this is a great and playful card - love the theme, lol. Great colors for the rock and rollers, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pairing of the patterned paper and rock images are so fun! That paper, with the distressed areas, is just so great! Thank you for sharing with us on Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!