About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, February 10, 2023

Hello Friend

 TGIF Peeps,

One of our favorite wineries from Paso Robles has opened a location in the Temecula wine region of southern California. This weekend is the "grand opening" so we are heading to Temecula this afternoon to check it out. That will be a good start to the weekend.

My card today was made using the Photo Inspiration card at TIME OUT Challenge and inspiration from the card Gina made on her Crafter-noon FaceBook Live show yesterday.




To make this card I started by cutting a 4 inch square using the stitched die in the ML 3 die set. I then used some 1/8 inch Masking Magic strips to make a grid dividing the square into 8 equal pieces. Then I cut a large circle in a sheet of Masking Magic and used the negative space to mask off a circle. Using GKD inks and small blending brushes I ink blended a rainbow around the circle, making sure to extend the ink into the next pie shape. This way the colors are actually blended instead of each pie being a separate color. I used Post-It Notes to help keep the ink in the areas.

Using the inspiration from Gina's card in Thursday's Crafter-noon Live, I cut 8 leaf dies from Layering Weight white card stock and added them to the blended pie shapes. The circle dies are also from ML 3 and the sentiment is from the GKD Doodle Sayings Mini stamp set.

For embellishment, I sprinkled 5 Micro Disco Ball sequins around the front of the card.

I always finish the inside of my cards and this is how I finished this one.



I cut the flower die from white care sock and used the ink left on the blending brushes to color it. The sentiment is from the GKD set Perfect Posy Mini.


Thanks for checking in and have a great Friday,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Gina K Designs mini sets Doodle Sayings and Perfect Posie
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering weight white and Black Onyx
Ink: Gina K Designs Red Hot, Tangerine Twist, Wild Dandelion, Lucky Clover, Turquoise Sea, Blue Raspberry, Wild Lilac, Passionate Pink and Black Onyx
Other: Gina K Designs Master Layouts 3 dies, Foliage Fillers dies and Botanical Duo dies, Misti, Big Shot, Gina K Designs Masking Magic and Masking Magic Strips, blending brushes, Micro Disco Ball sequins, Connect glue, foam squares

2 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards! T1st card is a fun and original CASE of Gina's card. Thanks for playing at Time Out Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are beautiful, but the first and that's the one you put in the gallery is stunning! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!