About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Sending You Love & HUGS

 Hello peeps,

I'm in Northern California again visiting my mom. I drove up last Thursday and will most likely stay until after her 87th birthday, which is on March 14. I loaded up my car with stamping supplies so I could occupy some of my time while she goes off to her bingo games at the senior center.

Included in the supplies are card sock, misc. ink cubes, and some other supplies that are "extra" at home, so I plan on leaving them here for my sister and I to use when either of us are visiting.

I made this card yesterday afternoon for this week's Paper Players Challenge. Claire's got CAS week with a theme of "Get Well."

I placed an order with Pretty Pink Posh a few days before leaving home and had the order shipped to mom's house and it came on Monday. Of course, I had to ink up some of the stamps ASAP.





All of the stamped images are PPP except the bottom sentiment, which is from a Gina K Designs get well set. I stamped the small images on the front of the card base using Distress Lost Shadow ink using an acrylic block. For the die cut HUGS image, I ink blended light carnation pink, lemon yellow, applemint green, and turquoise sea on white card stock, blending one into the next, then stamped the large HUGS image using a dark gray ink. I cut this out using the corresponding die, then cut it twice more from white card stock to layer.

Both greetings are stamped on black card stock and heat embossed with white EP, and I used some sentiment dies with rounded ends from Altenew to cut them out.

Here's the inside. This greeting is from another Gina K Designs stamp set.



With the wacky weather going on this week, it's supposed to snow here the next two days. It's rare to get snow here, but it does happen. 

Enjoy the rest of the week, and thanks for looking in.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Hugs set by Pretty Pink Posh, Get Well Wishes and Luck and Love sets by Gina K Designs
Paper: SU Basic White Thick and GKD Black Onyx card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Light Carnation Pink, Apple Mint, Lemon Drop, Turquoise Sea, Slate,  and embossing ink, Tim Holtz Distress Lost Shadow
Other: Misti, Big Shot, Pretty Pink Posh set dies, Featured Sentiments dies by Altenew,  Brutus Monroe white embossing powder, heat tool, SU mini Dimensionals, Connect liquid glue



3 comments:

  1. Colleen, I woke up and saw your card and I smiled. It is so happy and full of get well wishes. Love those big BOLD letters. Thank you for making my challenge shine this week at the Paper Plaeyrs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, That is an adorable stamp set, certain to add cheer to anyone's day. So glad you could play with The Paper Players CAS challenge this week. Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun and playful card Colleen! Those little images are so much fun. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!