About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, November 26, 2021

Happy Birthday

 Hello to all,

I hope everyone had a very nice Thanksgiving yesterday. I'm back at my Mom's in northern California for a couple of weeks, and my bestie drove up yesterday morning to spend Thanksgiving Day, and the rest of the weekend with us. I made a fairly traditional meal, although we skipped the whole turkey and just roasted a breast instead.  To accompany the meal, I made a King Arthur Flour roll recipe called Japanese Milk Bread Rolls, and they turned out very yummy.

Since I'm going to be at Mom's for a few weeks, I brought quite a few stamping supplies with me. However, I forget to bring any actual coloring tools, so I'm going to have to make designs that don't require coloring the images. 

On Wednesday afternoon, I made a card for this week's Paper Players Challenge. Laurie is our hostess with this month's Clean and Simple challenge, with the added theme of Fairies or Gnomes. I decided to use a couple of Hero Arts sets that were part of a monthly kit from a few months ago and make a birthday card.




All of the images are from the Meadow Heroscape stamp set. The meadow is a three stamp layering image, and the little fairies and greeting are part of the set as well. Since nothing required coloring, it worked out well.

On the inside, I used another set from the same Hero monthly release called Fairy Kisses. I love this large Fairy image and have used it several times. To add some color, I used a Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen with ink pads. This added some sparkle as well as color.



I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend. Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Fairy Kisses and Meadow HeroScape sets from Hero Arts, Gina K designs Layering and Heavy weight white card stock, Lovely Lavender card stock, Black Onyx, Soft Stone, Jelly Bean Green, Fresh Asparagus, Lovely Lavender and Plum ink cubes, Misti, Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen


2 comments:

  1. If one were to find fairies I expect it would be in a place that looks exactly like this scene! I love the layering of the meadow and the flower colors especially! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Colleen! What a wonderful card! The meadow scene is beautiful. What an amazing stamp! I absolutely love the fairies. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!