About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, November 14, 2021

May All Your Christmases be Bright

 Hello,

I hope you all had a nice, relaxing weekend. I spent most of today stamping, but yesterday I spent ALL day doing some house cleaning. We went to a friend's house for dinner and ate some very yummy seafood paella. It was warm in SoCal, and we ate out in the back yard by the pool.

I have a couple of cards using Linda's sketch for the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge. Since it's Sunday, it's time for a new Paper Players Challenge. and one of the cards fits Joanne's color challenge for this week.

The backgrounds on both cards use this Jennifer McGuire embossing folder technique. It's super fun! If you have some pots of Glitz Glitter Gel and some embossing folders, give it a try.

This first card is for the PP color challenge of gray, black, white and silver. The background looks blue, but it's just the picture. The Glitz Glitter Gel that I used is clear. The trees are all embossed using silver EP and I used black and gray accents.




Here is the inside of this card:




Here's the second card. This time I used bright pink Glitz Glitter Gel to fill in the EF. The ornament images are gold heat embossed with parts of the images colored with a light pink Copic. I used a clear Aqua Shimmer pen over the white spaces in the images for more sparkle, not that there isn't enough already. IRL, it is a shitty and bright card!



The inside of this card:



Wishing everyone a good week ahead! Thanks for looking in,
Colleen


Supplies
Stamp sets:  Card 1, Tiny Trees Turnabout set by Concord & 9th 
                    Card 2, Retro Ornaments set by Avery Elle
Embossing Folders:
                    Card 1 Stampin' Up Snow Burst
                    Card 2 Stampin' Up Poinsettia
Other: Gina K Designs card stock and inks, white, silver and gold fine detail embossing powders
VersaMark ink, heat tool, Misti, Gemini Jr, Glitz Glitter Gel, SU silver sequin, SU Dimensionals

                    

7 comments:

  1. Wow a double header! Love the funky trees in b/w and gray tones! And oh that pink - such fun for the holidays! Glad you shared these at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so sweet! I love your lineup of trees against that embossed background! And your heat embossing is PERFECT! I need some lessons on that, mine is always a mess! Thanks for sharing this us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards Colleen - I love those fun trees and that gel embossed background is awesome! Thanks for playing along with my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards! The backgrounds look so amazing! Such good coverage on your embossing! Thanks for being with us at The Paper Players for Color Week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Colleen! I just love all of those whimsical trees. Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really a fun and festive card. I really like your cards and blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 😄 I'm thinking you meant to say, "it is a SHINY and bright card"? Love them both!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!