About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

So Very Grateful

Hello to all,

I'm posting my card for this week's Paper Players Challenge. Claire is our hostess for this week's theme challenge, a timely Thanksgiving theme. 

My card is somewhat of a CASE of a card I saw in the Concord & 9th Instagram gallery. I loved the non-traditional fall colors in pastels on their card and since I have the stamp sets, card stock and inks, I decided to play around to see if I could make something that I liked just as much. For my card, I added the pop of orange and the sparkle of sequin, as well as a center image. I'm pretty happy with the result.




To add the Marmalade dots, I used one of the background leaf stamps from the C&9th Triple-step Autumn Leaf set. I used the ink cube to ink only the dots in the stamp and stamped them randomly around the panel. After the stamping was done, the panel was cut out using the scalloped die from the Gina K Designs  Master Layouts 4 die set. The stamped panel is glued to a Sea Glass top folding card base. I stamped a few extra leaves in green and blue, cut them out with the dies, and popped them over the stamped images with foam dots for a little dimension. 

The pumpkin pie image is from a newer C&9th set. I colored the image with Copics, cut it out with the set die and popped it up in the center. I added the gold rim to the plate using a gold gel pen because Thanksgiving pie should be served on the "good" dishes. The greeting is stamped on Marmalade card stock with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with white EP, then cut out with the sentiment strip die from the same stamp set.

For the inside, I couldn't find a "Happy Thanksgiving" stamp among my C&9th sets, so I pulled out the Lawn Fawn Cutie Pie mini stamp set and used it. After stamping and coloring the images, I cut the panel and the mat using the Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 die set.



I'm off to continue making more Holiday cards today. Thanks for looking in, and have a fab day!
Colleen

Supplies
Concord & 9th sets and dies: Triple-Step Autumn Leaf, Simple Seasons, and Harvest Wreath Turnabout. Lawn Fawn Cutie Pie stamp set. Concord & 9th White, Sea Glass, Buttercup and Marmalade card stock and ink cubes, Gina K Designs Black Onyx ink and Master Layouts 2 & 4 die sets, VersaMark ink, GKD white detail EP, heat tool, Misti, Gemini Jr, SSS sequins, Gold Gel Pen, Copic markers, SU mini Dimensionals, Connect liquid glue

2 comments:

  1. Colleen, I just love this card with non-traditional colors! I also love pumpkin pie. It is not a favorite at my house, so I really miss my parents at Thanksgiving time! The little leaves and spots of color are so fun! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fresh colours you've used on today's card Colleen - they compliment the pumpkin pie perfectly! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!