About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, February 24, 2022

A Good Friend Is Like A Four Leaf Clover. . .

 Hello,

As it's Friday tomorrow, I thought I better get my card for this week's Paper Players Challenge posted. Ann's challenge is this month's clean and simple challenge with a theme of Wild About Wild Life. Now, I have many, many stamps that work for wildlife, and I kind of had a difficult time deciding what I wanted to use. I ended up making two cards. The little mouse is from Colorado Craft Co and the Panda and her baby is an old wood mounted stamp that I got in a stamp store in Temecula, CA in 1997!










After stamping and coloring the mouse and clover images, I cut them out with their corresponding dies. I used the Pink Fresh Studio Blanket Stitched Rectangle die on the front of the card base, then glued the die cut images onto it and stamped the image. 

The second part of the greeting is on the inside of the card. I added a clover green mat for the blanket stitched rectangle and a few more die cut clovers. All images are from the same CCC stamp set.



As I mentioned, this second card is made with a single large wooden stamp. It's called Mother & Baby Panda and the manufacturer is Diamonds. The wood mount is very pretty, instead of a printed plastic label with the image, the image is actually carved into the wood and dyed. I inked up the image with black onyx ink making sure the ink was dark and coverage very even before stamping onto the card base. No way to do re-stamping if the image didn't stamp correctly. I actually stamped the image twice so I could cut out the leaves and glue them on top of the card images for just a little dimension. I used liquid glue, so they are still flat, I just off-set them slightly. The bamboo images are colored with Copic markers. Other than the extra leaves, this is a one layer card.

The sentiment is from the Stampin' Up set called Honeybee Home. I didn't take a picture of the inside. The greeting says Big Congratulations and is from the SU set called Special Moments from the current Sale-a-bration promotion.



Have a great Friday and weekend, and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Four Leaf Clover set by Colorado Craft Company, Honeybee Home and Special Moments by Stampin' Up, and Mother & Baby Panda wood stamp by Diamonds
Paper: SU Bright white  and Call Me Clover card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Black Onyx and Kraft ink pads and Copic markers
Other: Blanket Stitched Rectangle dies by Pink Fresh Studio, Four Leaf Clover set dies, Misti, Gemini Jr, Connect liquid glue

2 comments:

  1. Yes, indeed my friend, great minds...lol! Love your take on this cute image, Colleen! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards, Colleen! The four leaf clover critter is too cute, and you have colored him perfectly. The inside is amazing. I love this shade of green. The panda stamp sounds like a treasure to own, with the image carved into the stamp and dyed. It is such a sweet image. I am so glad you played in my Clean and Simple challenge at The Paper Players this week. Your cards are always a delight!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!