About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, February 20, 2022

Hello My Friend

Hi Peeps,

It's been another fairly quiet day for me today. I've been making random cards using the products from my February Scrapbook & Cards Today monthly pack. So far, I've gotten eight cards made and I still have more papers and embellishments to use. I'm having fun not using any sketch challenges, just seeing how creative I can be. I'll post some of them later in the week.

For this post, I have a card for the current As You See It challenge. The challenge is to use our favorite technique. Lately, I've been loving ink blending, either with or without stencils. I've used a stencil and three shades of green ink to make the background on this mini slimline card. 




The stamp set is from the current SU Mini Catalog called Hello Ladybug. I stamped both of the ladies and used the corresponding punch to punch one and fussy cut the other, as well as the three large leaves and three small flowers. (Too bad there are no dies for these!) The stencil is from Pretty Pink Posh. It's a rather delicate stencil, so I used pixie spray to adhere it to my paper before using the blending brush. I usually don't use any adhesive on the stencils, but because of the very thin lines on this one, I thought it would be easier to control. I used the GKD Master Layouts 7 die set, to cut the stenciled panel, the black mat and the sentiment circles. After arranging my layout and gluing everything in place, I added the three black enamel dots to the flower centers, matching the black dots in the ladybugs.

I hope everyone has had a relaxing weekend. We are actually expecting rainy weather here in SoCal the next couple of days. We started with a bright warm sunny day today, but now it's cloudy and windy, so I guess the weather folks are right.

Happy crafting,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Hello Ladybug Bundle, including punch from Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Bright white & black card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Key Lime, Jelly Bean Green, Fresh Asparagus, Coral Reef, Wild Dandelion, Sweet Mango and Black Onyx
Other: Pretty Pink Posh Jungle Background stencil, Pixie Spray Adhesive, GKD blending brushes and Master Layouts 7 Die set, Misti, Gemini Jr, SU Dimensionals, black enamel dots

 

5 comments:

  1. So very sweet, Colleen! Your blending is so lovely - what a fun way to play with color! And perfect for those ladybugs, lol. Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, what a gorgeous stencilled background! Perfect for those perky ladybirds. The slimline format works well for this design. Thanks for joining us again at As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stencil really made for a great ink blended background and perfect for those big ladybugs! They are so cheery looking! Thanks for sharing your favourite technique with us at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super sweet and that stencil sets off the ladybugs! Great fresh and springy colors! Thanks for playing along with As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blended background is perfect for these little ladybugs (I really like the yellow one!) and the sentiment is fun and sassy as well! Thanks for sharing this with us at As You See It this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!