About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, February 19, 2022

Wishing You Happy Birthday

 Happy Saturday to all,

It's been a very quiet day for me. I did some cooking, some cleaning, and then reading for most of the afternoon. Very relaxing. After finishing the book I've been reading, I took pictures of a couple of cards so that I could get them posted.

This card I made for this week's Freshly Made Sketches Challenge. I used one of my current favorite techniques, ink blending.



I thought this stamp set from GKD with the three flowers on a vine worked well for Jen's sketch of three elements up the side of a panel. For the top panel, I blended GKD inks in Coral Reef, Sweet Mango and Peach Bellini from bottom to top. After letting the blended inks dry, I put the panel in my Misti and stamped the images using Black amalgam ink, stamping a few times to achieve a nice dark silhouette image. This is layered onto a panel cut with the GKD Basket Weave cover die in white, and that is layered over Coral Reef card stock. For the sentiment, I used pre-printed GKD sentiment strips cut with a GKD sentiment strip die. The three hexagon black enamel dots are from Stampin' Up, and I like the hexagons geometry paired with the Basket Weave panel.  I'd call this card clean and layered.

Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Mini Blossoms Stamp set by Gina K Designs
Paper: Gina K Designs heavy weight & layering weight white, and Coral Reef card stocks
Ink: Gina K Designs Coral Reef, Sweet Mango, Peach Bellini and Black Amalgam inks
Other: Gina K Designs Basket Weave cover die and sentiments strip dies, Gina K Designs black sentiment strips, blending brushes, Misti, Gemini Jr, Stampin' Up black enamel hexagons, SU Mini Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. This card is so pretty! I love those beautiful flowers! Love that background! The colours are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful use of the sketch! I love the black flowers and sentiment on the sponged background and the basketweave background! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome ink blending jobs! This background looks so soft and it makes a perfect backdrop for the lovely black flowers. So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!